Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2014 23LSV Issues?

mikeyg

I'm looking at moving up to a 2014 23LSV. Any issues with the "Cyclops" dash? I believe it was a one-and-done, correct? Other than aesthetics, historically are there any functionality problems?

I'm looking at moving up to a 2014 23LSV. Any issues with the "Cyclops" dash? I believe it was a one-and-done, correct? Other than aesthetics, historically are there any functionality problems?

No functionality problems but quite a bit antiquated compared to the 15/16 dash. It was a one year production for a reason. Have you considered a 15? Then you get new dash and the new power wedge 2 with the lift feature and hydraulic single actuator which is very cool.

Edited by Fman

The absence of a tach is kindof annoying (and LOL I added a $12 2" chinese/ebay tach for my own personal OCD).

Otherwise all of the relevant info is there when you need it. The dash certainly hasn't detracted from our fun on the water, and my luddite/technophobe wife even understands it well enough to give me a good pull.

I've logged 80 hours this season without an issue. I though at first I would have dash envy, but I haven't once did the "if only I had"......

As others have mentioned, the tach issue was a miss on Malibu's part.

BTW......Mr Nates boat looks like a sweet ride

Edited by Socalbu

oh, that would suck a little, glad I have the other one.

One issue from day one with the pre set button not working, fixed at 14 hours and all works fine now at 22 hours

No issues with mine. I should also put a plug in here that my LSV is for sale!

Are you getting something else?

I'll second that mrnate's boat is great. It turned a lot of heads at our Wake the World KC event.

Are you getting something else?

I'll second that mrnate's boat is great. It turned a lot of heads at our Wake the World KC event.

Not immediately. We bought a 1 acre lot and are planning on building a house soon. Hope to be back in a boat in a year or so. Thanks for the complement on it! Edited by mrnate450r