Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

West Marine Oil Brand?

I would not hesitate to run it...

Exceeds OEM requirements will not void engine warranty. Recommended for engines requiring API CF-2 level performance. Exceeds warranty requirements for all diesel and gasoline engines specifying SAE 30 or SAE 40 grade and API service classifications including Caterpillar, Cummins, Detroit Diesel, Mack, Navistar, Volvo and Mann. Heavy-duty formulation minimizes engine wear to provide long engine life.

Exceeds Mack EO-K/2 and Allison C4 specifications and CID A-A-52306A requirements

API Service Classifications: CF-2, CD-II, CD, CF, CE/SJ, SH and SG

I'm not an oil snob. I go with cheapest. All my past boats got Rotella from wallyworld. I change very frequently, so I don't think it really matters. As long as it meet minimum requirements. New boat with LS3 requires Dexos 5w-30 so the Rotella is out.

Ended up going with a gallon of Penzoil Marine and a quart of West Marine. The guy at West Marine knew nothing. He was lucky to know how to handle the cash register.

+1 I also buy whatever is on sale, I have run them all...delo, rotella, pennzoil, etc...I won't buy Walmart, Autozone, O'Rieleys brands tho. They might work just as good but I just stick with the name brand stuff.

West Marine seems to be most adept at repackaging things others make and charging a large premium for those items.

Likely that any oil West Marine sells coulds be had at half the price within a 10 mile radius at a handful of retailers.