Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
Badger

Glue for surfboard?

Badger

The pad is coming off my surfboard. What type of adhesive should I use to glue it down?

kayakwv

Any type of waterproof contact cement works. I use Barge brand adhesive on my kayak outfitting all the time.

wakemitch

I use a 3M spray adhesive for foam. It holds well and doesnt eat away foam or hurt resin.

Badger

Where would I get either of those? Hardware store ok?

wakemitch

Where would I get either of those? Hardware store ok?

Home Deopt or Lowes should have it in stock. Thats where I got it. Smaller places like Ace should probably have it to.

saxton15

Maybe same issue, my swim platform pad is pulling up. Would contact glue do the same job? What if I want to replace it eventually? Is it possible to remove that stuff?

mikeo

For the surfboard: call the manufacturer and ask them what they suggest. The might be nice enough to send you, or offer to sell, you a replacement pad with peel-n-stick adhesive already on it.

For the swim platform: 3M 77 contact cement, LocTite contact cement, or DanTack contact cement. Read the directions and mask the area well; Most contact cements need to be applied to both surfaces to work well, not just one side.

saxton15

When it comes time to replace the swim pad, how much swearing will I be doing to remove it?