Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Response LXR - Playing

footndale

I agree with the maintenance issue but every boat I've been building lately has a black hull. Disappears on the water and makes the boat look even lower/sleeker. Plus the bottom one looks like something a dealer would 'stock' order.

My ski buddy has the all black 08 TT. You need to vinegar spray and wipe it religiously, and the hull shows lots of scratches from trailering and such. While 1 looks great, I'd prefer 2.

I like them both.

I have a black hull RLXi and as long as it's wiped down every time you you use it, it's good. I've been using speed gloss on it since i got it and have no waterspot issues.

All that said, if I was going to pull the trigger on the LXR, I'd grab a yellow one with a black running surface.....something about black and yellow that really gets me.

I like them both.

I have a black hull RLXi and as long as it's wiped down every time you you use it, it's good. I've been using speed gloss on it since i got it and have no waterspot issues.

All that said, if I was going to pull the trigger on the LXR, I'd grab a yellow one with a black running surface.....something about black and yellow that really gets me.

Sides of my boat are mostly black and as long as I keep a good supply of eagleone wax as u dry around then it stays mirror like. Wouldn't want to have to be trying to keep the running surface that shiny. White hides a lot of sins.

About a year ago I was playing around and thought one of the most custom (now) and classic options available would be a solid color. Crazy, I know with all the options available. But StrokerAce's old all black RLXi was always a favorite of mine.

Saved a few images.

Red with tan:

post-12034-0-09296300-1439511858_thumb.p

And solid white. I would probably do less red in the interior:

post-12034-0-24323300-1439511884_thumb.p

RLXi with Black main, white hull. I wipe her down religiously after every use. Well, almost religiously. I think I might have not have wiped her down maybe 5 times in 13 summers. Still get comments from folks that are stunned to hear how old she is. Anyway, if you stay on it, the black on the sides can look damn good for a long, long time. I don't find it work at all - it's a labor of love, and a great way to wind down at the end of the day.

Every once in a while, I like to go play around building different color combos, imagining what it would be like to have a new TXi. I still find myself attracted to the Black/Blue combos - it's just such an awesome pairing. I do like the Stratospheric Blue (or whatever it is called) - wouldn't want a lot of it, but as an accent, looks pretty sweet. Then I look at the prices of the new ones, the almost new ones, and what the Gen 1 RLXi's are going for. Snaps me back to reality in a hurry. ;) I like my 'new looking' 13 year old boat just fine!

• Like 3

My lake water is so hard if I go out for any length of time I have hard water stains that are difficult to remove. Even with a good waxing. I was disappointed when I built my 07. The older R LXI color scams were I thought much better!