Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My Engine is leaking water!

Thanks for all the posts guys! To answer the questions I'm in Pittsburgh, PA. I'll be watching these vids as soon as I'm off work.

Look up JBFoot on this site and send him a p/m, he lives Pittsburgh and might be able to help you out. He's a good dude, honest guy, has access to parts.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Update to my update! It was the raw water pump... so there are two plastic spines that guide the impeller, one of them busted off and left a sharp edge. That edge took a chunk out of my impeller every rotation. My mechanic was a great guy and met me in a parking lot, showed me how to do the work myself for the next time, gave the engine a look over, recommended a few things to be replaced at the end of the season and urged me to do them myself. I guess the circulation pump (very slow drip) and thermostat are my next projects. Vacation was saved and the boat ran great all week! Housing, impeller, and labor were all $200 - $70 for labor and $130 for parts

• Like 2
martinarcher

Boo ya! I love happy endings! He sounds like a good dude to have access to!

I missed the thread earlier or would have been happy to have you pull it up to my place and help you fix it up.