Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New 2015 VTX owner!

Badger

Oh man. Hopkins is gonna be jelly!

You bought his boat.

Congrats!

yeah, he IM'd me about 5 minutes after I signed the papers. I'm not quite sure how he did that. He's got connections that he's not telling me about.

But he lives about 5 miles away from me so he can come visit.

yeah, he IM'd me about 5 minutes after I signed the papers. I'm not quite sure how he did that. He's got connections that he's not telling me about.

But he lives about 5 miles away from me so he can come visit.

I told him he might as well work at that dealership. He's there every day. :Tease3:

• Like 2
ahopkins22LSV

Don't worry about how I know things :Tease3:

And I am a bit jealous but stoked that you were the one to pick it up! I am shocked that boy was still available to be honest and I was starting to think heck, if it is still there come fall I might have to go buy it. Now I just need to keep my wife out of a 16!

Again, congrats on the purchase and I can't wait to come see it, ski it, and surf it!

• Like 2

Here’s a pic and get some more after we actually get it on the water in the sun, to see that Stratospheric Blue really pop.

Nice looking boat... I think. Kinda like looking at a Victoria's Secret model wearing a zipped up jacket. :Tease3: Hurry up and get some pics with her uncovered!

• Like 2

Our 2004 Sunscape LSV will be pulling out of our driveway later today for the last time. It’s been a great boat for the last 4 years and I’ll be sad to see it go. But what better way to cure that sadness than to buy a new boat.

My wife and I put a deposit down on 2015 VTX last night! It’s been a whirlwind couple of weeks flirting with the idea of a new boat. I’ve been set on diamond hull VTX all along, as I’m primarily a skier. I’ve learned from the experience of having two ski buddies move off my lake in the last year, that I can’t count on others to have the ski boat and bum rides. My wife loves to surf and the kids are just getting into the watersports a bit more. Both kids wakeboarded from the long line for the first time this past weekend.

We had many different considerations: from ordering a custom built 2016 this winter, to buying a 2010 VTX for as little as possible and then adding an MartinArcher-Gate, to finding a used surfgate equipped boat. In the end, we decided that life’s too short to spend the rest of this summer without a boat and the cost of going to the 2016 wasn’t worth it to us. We also decided we didn’t want to buy something that I was immediately was going to want to modify or add options. I did find a few 2013’s and 2015’s used, but after the hassle of driving to pick them up along with associated costs of travel and warranty transfer, I was not going to save any money by going that way. I also decided that having the support of my local dealer by buying new would be much more comforting than if I had a service issue with a slightly used boat. They still had a few ‘15s to chose from and we picked a color scheme that we both like.

I would like to thank a lot of the Crew Members (or imaginary internet friends as I tell my wife) who I leaned on for discussion during this time period. I invite anyone in SE Michigan who wants the opportunity to ski/board/surf behind a VTX to contact me and come check it out.

I’m also posting a couple of questions for VTX owners over in the modification section. Please go check that out and help answer some questions for me.

Here’s a pic and get some more after we actually get it on the water in the sun, to see that Stratospheric Blue really pop.

Congrats, you and your wife are younger than I thought!

ahopkins22LSV

Can't tell if the boat/trailer in the picture is the same as this one from their site, but if it is then what is the deal with the 2x4's sitting on top the bunks?

http://www.skierspier.com/default.asp?page=xNewInventoryDetail&id=1187076&p=1&make=malibu%20boats&s=Year&d=D&t=new&fr=xNewInventory

That was when they first unloaded i think. Temp trailer.

Thanks everyone for the comments. We ended up taking the boat up to Torch Lake, MI over the past few days for it's maiden voyage. For the most part the boat performed flawlessly and our family and friends had a great time using it.

We had two days of AM glassy water where I got to play with the ski wake. It was a bit wider than some of the older boats I normally ski behind but was nice and flat. I was also trying a new ski over the weekend, so my confidence was a bit shaky to really charge at the wake. I'm looking forward to skiing this weekend at home with a few more passes on the new ski.

We only surfed one time and it was during a period of high wind and 2'-3' rollers out on the big lake. I'm going to reserve judgment on the surf wave until I get a chance to play around on the home lake.

My 12 yr old daughter was progressing quickly on the wakeboard and other kids kneeboarded until their arms were sore.

I'd like to thank Matt at Skiers Pier for working through some minor issues with me. Give him a call if you are in the market.

I will try to get some more pictures posted, but don't have any on my phone. The blue metal flake gel really pops when sitting in the water on a sunny day.

Edited by Badger
  • Like 3

Thanks everyone for the comments. We ended up taking the boat up to Torch Lake, MI over the past few days for it's maiden voyage. For the most part the boat performed flawlessly and our family and friends had a great time using it.

We had two days of AM glassy water where I got to play with the ski wake. It was a bit wider than some of the older boats I normally ski behind but was nice and flat. I was also trying a new ski over the weekend, so my confidence was a bit shaky to really charge at the wake. I'm looking forward to skiing this weekend at home with a few more passes on the new ski.

We only surfed one time and it was during a period of high wind and 2'-3' rollers out on the big lake. I'm going to reserve judgment on the surf wave until I get a chance to play around on the home lake.

My 12 yr old daughter was progressing quickly on the wakeboard and other kids kneeboarded until their arms were sore.

I'd like to thank Matt at Skiers Pier for working through some minor issues with me. Give him a call if you are in the market.

I will try to get some more pictures posted, but don't have any on my phone. The blue metal flake gel really pops when sitting in the water on a sunny day.

Torch Lake, North of Houghton?