Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Saw a little project boat today.

Bill_AirJunky

Sorry no. I guess we will just disagree :)

A boat with 1000 hours can be also be super abused....

Again storage not hours.

Edited by Lance B. Johnson

Except that this was on a 94 boat that I bought in 99. The point is that low hours doesn't mean low problems. Could just mean a different batch of problems.

Your correct. My mistake.

I stopped by the dealership today. Their expecting to have the trailer title around Sept 15th. And they want to sell it bad. I suggested that with it being a project that it might be worth $2k or $3k & they didn't flinch.

We're talking the same thing Bill. What people say around here is low hours on an old boat automatically means problems. This is just not true. It has much more to do with how the boat was cared for.

Edited by Lance B. Johnson
  • Like 3

Except that this was on a 94 boat that I bought in 99. The point is that low hours doesn't mean low problems. Could just mean a different batch of problems.

Your correct. My mistake.

I stopped by the dealership today. Their expecting to have the trailer title around Sept 15th. And they want to sell it bad. I suggested that with it being a project that it might be worth $2k or $3k & they didn't flinch.

I would not be surprised if you showed up with 10 or 12 crisp new Franklins would do it.

Hmm, maybe. I don't see a lot of scratches or chips. The reds aren't faded other than the trailer. Speedos are dry. I want to get a screwdriver in those stringers & see if there is any rot.