Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cup size

nutoz

Does it really matter?? I am deciding on new prop and given same diameter and pitch. Which cup .070 or .105 is a better choice. Example like ACME 2315 or 2419. Noticed that on Wakemaker ,they do not even have 2315 listed under Malibu chart . Any ideas?

what motor?

i have 350 with the 2315, works great, but at altitude or completely sacked out it can slug a bit surfing. i plan on buying a back up prop, probably 2419 and using the 2315 as a back up, and may even have it re-cupped giving more pull

ok..I'm not the only one who was captivated by "cup size" does it matter...

I had a comment before yours but for once, "took the high road" and deleted it.....dang I am getting old.

• Like 2

I had a comment before yours but for once, "took the high road" and deleted it.....dang I am getting old.

You are not the only one who started typing a reply, then decided to delete it. That being said, cup size certainly does matter (for props I mean)...

Edited by Cory

lol you guy aren't so old!! Title immediately caught my eye too but thought I haven't been on this forum long enough to make any dirty old man comments. And for the record, cup size always matters imo!