Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

23 MXZ coming?

DarkSide

You can option them down, or so I've been told by the factory.

Saying "everything" is included is just a marketing pitch and an acknowledgement that folks shopping for these boats tend to check all the boxes.

The expensive adders are the engine, G4 tower, quad clamping racks, z5 bimini, and triple axle trailer. What exactly would folks take off to bring the price down?

At > 6k lbs I'm thinking you'd want all 575 ponies in that engine and all six wheels on the trailer.

Edit: it's funny to hear you posting about the G like it's some kind of price point boat. Lol. What a difference a day makes.

You think everyone would would automatically want the 575, G4, quad clamping racks, Z5, wetsounds, and a triaxle, without caring about what the options cost? That's like 30k+ in options, that nobody really needs, to have a wake monster. Even I tend to option up pretty high on my boats, and I would certainly skip the Z5, the quad racks (I only need 2), and the triaxle. That's like 10k in savings on stuff that I would rather not have, much less weighing the cost of adding them.

I would go with the big engine. I always do. That said, I had no choice on my G21. That had a 409 with a 2:1. With that driveline, it still easily got on plane with stock ballast + 1100s in the back compartments + 800 in the bow, and 10 people on board. Running over 13-14k total boat weight and didn't have a problem. I certainly like the extra ponies, but certainly didn't need it.

I just think it is a better idea to give people a choice. Why lock them into a boat with a base price that is so high? The triple axel trailer is probably the most useless.... Even if the boat was 10k, you can still do a tandem and save $3k.

I certainly didn't mean to imply the G was a price point boat...... But I think you know that. I was only implying that they give you a choice, (just like Bu does with all of their other models) and that there are lots of Gs that are not ordered with the 550 and all the other big dollar options. Most have 450s and work very well with the 2:1.

Yeah, I bet the MSRP here will be absurd. Still, very cool boat, I'm glad to see Malibu innovating again!

Where's the innovation? Without specs, it simply looks very similar to a G.

I really love the look of this boat!!

Now almost every brand has a true giant surf boat. I wonder which one surfs the best. I know wake 9 just did a review on the tige rzx and says it was amazing!

-nautiqe g series

-tige rzx

-Malibu

-supra sa

-centurion i237

You think everyone would would automatically want the 575, G4, quad clamping racks, Z5, wetsounds, and a triaxle, without caring about what the options cost? That's like 30k+ in options, that nobody really needs, to have a wake monster. Even I tend to option up pretty high on my boats, and I would certainly skip the Z5, the quad racks (I only need 2), and the triaxle. That's like 10k in savings on stuff that I would rather not have, much less weighing the cost of adding them.

I would go with the big engine. I always do. That said, I had no choice on my G21. That had a 409 with a 2:1. With that driveline, it still easily got on plane with stock ballast + 1100s in the back compartments + 800 in the bow, and 10 people on board. Running over 13-14k total boat weight and didn't have a problem. I certainly like the extra ponies, but certainly didn't need it.

I just think it is a better idea to give people a choice. Why lock them into a boat with a base price that is so high? The triple axel trailer is probably the most useless.... Even if the boat was 10k, you can still do a tandem and save $3k.

I certainly didn't mean to imply the G was a price point boat...... But I think you know that. I was only implying that they give you a choice, (just like Bu does with all of their other models) and that there are lots of Gs that are not ordered with the 550 and all the other big dollar options. Most have 450s and work very well with the 2:1.

I think you missed the part where I said you could option them down.

Cool rant though...

Can you spec a double with higher weight ratings? I thought you ordered tandem or triple. The tandems through malibu were severely underrated, which is the primary reason I did triple on my 15. I know you can get tandems that support way more than a wake boat, but I didn't know it was an option through malibu.

I think you missed the part where I said you could option them down.

Cool rant though...

Didn't miss it at all. I was commenting on the rest of your post...... The part where you asked what exactly would anyone remove of those options, and that it will need the 575 and triple axle because 6k.

Snappy comeback though.

Can you spec a double with higher weight ratings? I thought you ordered tandem or triple. The tandems through malibu were severely underrated, which is the primary reason I did triple on my 15. I know you can get tandems that support way more than a wake boat, but I didn't know it was an option through malibu.

Not sure with Bu, but you certainly can on lots of other boat trailer brands. Not sure why Malibu couldn't use the same axles as others use. They don't make their own axle assemblies.

Okay, we'll try this a different way...

I just think it is a better idea to give people a choice.

They do

Why lock them into a boat with a base price that is so high?

They don't

I certainly didn't mean to imply the G was a price point boat...... But I think you know that.

It was a joke

• Like 1

I really love the look of this boat!!

Now almost every brand has a true giant surf boat. I wonder which one surfs the best. I know wake 9 just did a review on the tige rzx and says it was amazing!

-nautiqe g series

-tige rzx

-Malibu

-supra sa

-centurion i237

He (aka ragboy) is affiliated with Tige, of course he is going to say all Tiges are amazing surf boats. No surprise there, he says it with every new model release.