Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

23 MXZ coming?

DarkSide

True, but I've always thought it's kinda lame to come tease people with the info.

Either spill the details or keep 100% quiet.

Who did that? I saw a post earlier from someone saying "I bet Chatt knows." I didn't see him go teasing anyone. He eventually just told folks to be patient.

Who did that? I saw a post earlier from someone saying "I bet Chatt knows." I didn't see him go teasing anyone. He eventually just told folks to be patient.

A Hopkins and 23lsv did in the last 10 posts or so. I'd multi quote to prove it but the mobile site is so awesome that I can't!

• Like 1

True, but I've always thought it's kinda lame to come tease people with the info.

Either spill the details or keep 100% quiet.

Zactly. Its the adult version of "I know something you don't knowwwwwww......" Edited by Avicenna
  • Like 1

A Hopkins and 23lsv did in the last 10 posts or so. I'd multi quote to prove it but the mobile site is so awesome that I can't!

I believe all I say was "chat isn't the only one who knows something about this boat :whistle: ". And then I said it's a Malibu. So you guys read too deep. I just told you everything I know, twice.

1) Chat can't be the only person who knows about it.

2) It's a Malibu.

Edited by ahopkinsTXi
  • Like 2

I didn't read either one of their posts as such. I thought AHop was just poking fun at the whole thing, and that 23LSV was just speculating things that make sense (i.e. an MXZ moniker wouldn't really fit with the remainder of the MXZ lineup, and the obvious that whoever knows will keep quiet or else they'll no longer know, or perhaps their employment would be at risk if a supplier/vendor/etc.).

Lets make some guesses. 102" beam. Yawn. 23' length. Yawn. More freeboard. Yawn. Surf gates. Yawn. Bigger wedge. That'll burn a lot more fuel but yawn. Faster ballast system. Yawn. More storage. Yawn. $160k holy sh!t.

The grass is always greener. Enjoy what you got.

I will not be boat shopping for a few more years. So for me the interest is purely academic. I would love to see BU offer a more direct competitor to the G.

Even though i believe the BU can already create a wake and wave that is on par or better than the G. It just takes effort. I wouldn't trade the silver surfer for a G, and vice versa, people looking for G characteristics (other than wake/wave) would not be interested in the surfer.

I just hate seeing Malibu give up this segment.

Prices are rising along with costs. The boat companies are not making a huge profit on a per boat basis. As long as demand stays high, prices will continue to rise. The killer for this market will be interest rates, when interest rates go high enough the payment is no longer reasonable, sales will fall.

Look at a 2012 23 LSV as example. Price is up significantly, but also now has PW2, surfgate, new hull, new dash, zero off/GPS, 410 ft/lb engine is standard, warranty is longer, so there is addition value in the higher price.

Just my $.02, i am sure this will get me blasted, but...it is my thoughts.

One other addition, dealer margin NEEDS to be roughly $10k just to keep thier doors open. This is not a high volume thing like cars. Yet they still need a huge lot, showroom, sales staff, parts department, inventory, service shop with the tools etc. A dealership has huge bills! With a relatively small number of transactions to pay them

Edited by DarkSide
  • Like 1

Prices are rising along with costs. The boat companies are not making a huge profit on a per boat basis. As long as demand stays high, prices will continue to rise. The killer for this market will be interest rates, when interest rates go high enough the payment is no longer reasonable, sales will fall.

Look at a 2012 23 LSV as example. Price is up significantly, but also now has PW2, surfgate, new hull, new dash, zero off/GPS, 410 ft/lb engine is standard, warranty is longer, so there is addition value in the higher price.

Just my $.02, i am sure this will get me blasted, but...it is my thoughts.

One other addition, dealer margin NEEDS to be roughly $10k just to keep thier doors open. This is not a high volume thing like cars. Yet they still need a huge lot, showroom, sales staff, parts department, inventory, service shop with the tools etc. A dealership has huge bills! With a relatively small number of transactions to pay them

Sounds like you work for Malibu