Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2016 Wakesetter VTX

saxton15

I like the updated interior cushion pattern. My opinion was the "rounded/curvy" cushion style from the past few years was a bit "dated" looking. Just my opinion though.

Malibu did it right this year by revamping both 20 foot models. A lot of boat in both A20 and VTX

I was just about to say the same thing. I really like the 20's. I think it would get a little tight for us since we typically have kiddos in the boat. Would be nice to demo one for the whole weekend to see if it feels crowded. Then again...I am either in the drivers seat or behind the boat, so I guess I don't care that much... hmmm

Thought financial motto was "You can't take it with ya!"

I have a feeling I need to stay away from this boat and more so keep my wife away from it.

I think you should go demo it with Mrs. Ahop :Tease3:

Edited by Raimie

I literally was signing papers to buy a 2015 VTX as they released the video of the 2016! (Details to come in a different thread) If the ski wake somehow got better, please, nobody tell me about it!

Wakesurf wake looks pretty great on the video, curious to see how it is in real.

New gel design, dash, etc looks really nice ! I love that boat.

” And Grubb says, “You won't believe this wave coming from a 20 foot boat. It's so big and clean you'd think it was from a 23 footer.”

It looks like the new VTX sits higher in the water than the 22 VLX, if you compare with the Malibu decal on the back :crazy:

Capture%20drsquoeacutecran%202015-08-12%

OK, the swim platform of the VLX in under water, so it makes a difference. But I'm not sure with the same setup on the VTX that the Malibu decal will touch the water as it does with the VLX

Edited by smooky

of course the VLX should has stock ballast and plug'n play.

But imagine you do the same with the VTX in order to put the swim platform of the VTX in the water, I'm not sure the Malibu decal of the VTX will hit the water as it does with the VLX.

ahopkins22LSV

I agree either 67king. The vlx clearly has ballast loaded up. I know the vlx I drove for an event last fall before ballast was in it, the platform was about 3-4" above the water. I'm sure with all factory and plug n play plus someone on the vtx platform the vtx picture would look similar. I think there is a shot in the gallery or video of a wakeboarder getting ready on the back of the vtx

of course the VLX should has stock ballast and plug'n play.

But imagine you do the same with the VTX in order to put the swim platform of the VTX in the water, I'm not sure the Malibu decal of the VTX will hit the water as it does with the VLX.

Well, first thing I'd say is that that VLX is deeper in the water than mine has ever been with stock ballast, 1100# of PNP, and even a crew that weighed probably 1100 pounds (6 kids, 3 adults). Second thing I'd say is that I don't think looking at where the Malibu decal is is the best measurement. The decal is closer to the rub rail on the VTX than on the VLX - and loooking at other pictures reinforces this, where the decal is closer to the accent stripe on the VLX, meaning it is lwer in the water.

I'd compre the draft of each boat to see if there is a difference. But really I think looking at these pictures and trying to see where the boats sit relative to each other in the water is an exercise in futility.

My LSV has to be SLAMMED to get the platform under water like that.

Just sayin...

Either they left the drain plug out, have a sacs under all the seats, or a big floor sac. No way is that stock tanks with p-n-p.

ahopkins22LSV

How do you slalom off that center pylon with that tower in the way????

The rope won't start touching the tower until 32' off. So for most looking to buy a vtx for the crossover capabilities that won't be an issue I would think.

For me, I'm worried the rope will be hitting the tower on every turn. I mean every time I wipe out and the boat has to turn around to pick me up. :cry:

• Like 1

Wow, just noticed the trailer specs. They really screwed the pooch on the 2016, won't fit in a standard garage even with the hoop off (or garage clearance hoop). 7" higher than the previous models. If accurate, a 20ft garage boat that won't fit in almost anyone's garage.

Trailer Specs for a 2016

Height on trailer tower folded, no tow hoop, no racks: 7'-3"

Height on trailer tower folded: 7'-8"

LOA, tongue folded, swim off, w/power wedge down: 21'-1"

LOA, tongue folded, swim off, w/power wedge up: 21'-3"

LOA, tongue folded, swim on: 22'-4"

Total width of Trailer, without guide poles: 8'-5"

Total width of Trailer, w/guide poles: 8'-10"

Previous versions ( - 2015)

Wakesetter 20 VTX - Trailer Specs

Height on trailer tower folded, no tow hoop, no racks 6'-8"

Height on trailer tower folded 7'-1"

LOA, tongue folded, swim off, w/manual wedge down 21'-3"

LOA, tongue folded, swim off, w/power wedge down 21'-8"

LOA, tongue folded, swim off, w/power wedge up 21'10"

LOA, tongue folded, swim on 23'-0"

Total width of Trailer, without guide poles 8'-5"

Total width of Trailer, w/guide poles 8'-10"

Edited by oldjeep

Yikes, good find Old Jeep. Yeah, that definitely wouldn't be able to fit into my garage anymore. I also see they start off at 410 HP instead of 350. Giddyup!

Edited by Sixer
  • Like 1