Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Daves Marine Garner NC

ecupirates2011

WARNING, do not take your boat to daves marine. terrible customer service and terrible work. I took my boat there 2 months ago bc it was running hot and running rough. They charged me the 127 diagnostic fee to figure out the problem, 4 weeks ...MoreWARNING, do not take your boat to daves marine in Garner NC. terrible customer service and terrible work. I took my boat there 2 months ago bc it was running hot and running rough. They charged me the 127 diagnostic fee to figure out the problem, 4 weeks later they finally told me it was the impeller and it was going to cost i think around 400 to replace it, which they already did without asking me. i picked up the boat and they told me if it was still running rough that i could bring it back. i took it out on the water the next day and it was still runnimg rough and kept cutting off on me. i brought it back to them and they said they would look into it, but first it was going to cost me another 127 just to diagnose it, which i told them i refuse to pay that since the boat wasnt fixed and i paid the 127 diagnostic fee already when i first dropped it off. they ended up saying fine and let me leave it and said they would try and diagnose it by the end of the week. well 4 weeks later they finally call me back and tell me that the distributor cap and ignition coil needed to be replaced which would be almost 700 which i told them dont work on it ill just pick it up and do the work myself. well the guy that always answers the phone with the long girly pony tail tells me its going to be 380 for me to pick it up. i told him thats outrageous since all they did was diagnose the problem which i ready paid for the first time. he started yelling at me on the phone saying that they wont let me leave with the boat until i paid 380 for it. they did no work on it, all they did was tell me what the problem is. this place is all about some fraud, other people have had similar problems. Do yourself a favor and take your boat somewhere else. I even tried to reason with them and told them I would pay another 127 for the 2nd diagnostic they did but they refused to work with me. BEWARE if you live in the Wake County Area

Edited by ecupirates2011

Save yourself some trouble next time and call Jimmy at Pro Marine or Brandon at Your Mobile Technician. They are both in Durham and well worth the extra time to take the boat to them. Thanks for the heads up on daves marine.

• Like 3

Post up your issues here, we can usually get you back on the water faster and save you a ton of money. I have saved enough that i became a supporter, after paying the past four years or so i'm still up.

Save yourself some trouble next time and call Jimmy at Pro Marine or Brandon at Your Mobile Technician. They are both in Durham and well worth the extra time to take the boat to them. Thanks for the heads up on daves marine.

This!

• Like 2

+1 for Jimmy at ProMarine. Diego at Powerboat Service on Atlantic Avenue is awesome as well. He did all work on my 07 VTX and always went above and beyond. He knows inboards inside and out.

+1 for ProMarine here too. The other option for me is West Lake Marine. The benefit to WLM is they are mobile. If you can't get time off work to tow the boat somewhere they come to you. I have had great experiences with both.