Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2016 Malibu Raptor Break In Period?

JB-FOOT

Anyone have a copy of the 2016 Ford Raptor / Malibu Break In Instructions available?

f so, could you post the manual or at least tell me the EXACT specifics?

I would love to have this information prior to Tuesday evening...

C`mon Crew, I know you can do it...

Thanks in advance!

JB

If you've ever been on a test drive on a new boat off dealer floor (Which will eventually be owned by someone), the general rule is fill'r up with gas and WOT fully weighted for about an 30minutes to an hour.. The gm motors seem to handle that pretty well. Interesting to see how the Fords do.

Edited by bunji169

Anyone have a raptor 400 yet to give a comparison to the 350 or 409?

Second season using the 6.2 Ford. Feels very similar to the LS3 and burns a little less fuel. Seems to be a good match for a tow boat.

I really don't understand the concern over the so called "break in" procedure. These boats are hammered WOT at the factory so every single ECU will have recorded that. How in the world can you keep RPM's under 3K and still drive one of these heavy, geared down boats?

Must look pretty funny on the water.

JB-Foot, did you get a new boat to your fleet?

Sorry, I break them in like I stole it. :) Been around too many racers to do what the manual says. I want a great engine. Just don't use synthetic for at least 100 hrs.

Page 4-4 is the key.

During first hour don't exceed 2000 RPM

During second hour don't exceed 3000 RPM

Next 7 hours don't exceed 4000 RPM.

Which version did you get. If you have 550 you should not exceed 4000 doing anything if propped right. The 400 & 450 will inherently spin higher RPM due to 1.72 tranny vs. 1.5 tranny on the 550

2 to 3 hrs max just messing around and then Hammer down!!!!

Tims is right. The factory and dealers all run the hell out of them right out of the box.

If you drive a new vehicle off the lot do you drive 25mph all the way home gassing it and letting off the throttle every 2 miles. NO, why would a boat motor be any different? These machines have come a long way over the years as well as the oils and lubricants that go in them.

Well, I am going to spend the weekend Breaking In (Per the book :cry: ) a 2016 23LSV with the new Raptor Motor

Should be a Great LEARNING Weekend (for the next 10 hours on the hour meter) Anyways!

Well, I am going to spend the weekend Breaking In (Per the book :cry: ) a 2016 23LSV with the new Raptor Motor

Should be a Great LEARNING Weekend (for the next 10 hours on the hour meter) Anyways!

That's such a bummer. I feel SO bad for you... Lol

That's such a bummer. I feel SO bad for you... Lol

you SHOULD, its the "by the book" part that is painful.... :cry:

would much rather be slammin` and surfin` :frantic: