Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Questions on 2000 Malibu Wakesetter LSV

derek1800

I am looking at purchasing my first boat and am in the market for a V-drive. I found a 2000 Malibu Wakesetter LSV with ~400hrs in good condition with the only updates being ballast. The person mentions it is 23 ft and seats 13.

1) Did Malibu make a 2000 23ft Wakesetter LSV? Or is this likely an Escape?

2) What are some common issues found with this boat? What should I be on the look out for when checking out the boat?

3) What is the average going price for this boat? What would a great price to pay be?

4) Does this boat have the diamond or wake hull? How does it compare for Wakeboarding / Wakesurfing to the 21' Wakesetter from the same model years? How about the new model Wakesetters?

Thanks for helping a newbie!

I'm not an expert but here's my thoughts

1. It's likely an Escape LSV (but not a bad boat).

2. I'm not aware of any particular issues, just normal stuff.

3. $23,000 to $28,000.

4. V25 Diamond hull.

I bought that exact boat (2000 Escape 23 LSV) at the end of last season with 750 hours on it. I am sure that someone on here can/will correct me but there isn't much difference between the Escape and the Wakesetter of that age. I have a friend that has an 02' Wakesetter 23 LSV and the only difference between the two boats are 1. his has a shower 2. his has MLS (stock ballast). 3. A cool sticker on the side that most people tear off. I believe the the shower/heater was an option in 2000 as mine was wired for it but not sure about the MLS, I think that came later.

It has only been one season but we love our boat we added ballast and I built my own surf gate, we surf it all day long without the rope. You really can't compare that vintage boat to one of the new Wakesetter's they are so much different but as someone else said they are 4-5x the price.

I have an 23 2000 Escape and it is great. I have 700+ hrs and it runs like new.

1. I think the wakesetter just came with ballast. Same hull

2. You probably want to pay attention to the interior..if the interior hasn't been replaced it probably needs it.

3. $20-$25

4. Diamond, which is not a bad thing. It will wakeboard fine, and you will be able to surf with lots of ballast