Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power wedge II operation?

chrisnorem

So I demoed a 2015 23 LSV (for the second time) and the wave still bad. It had 550's in the locker this time but hardly any push. I'm not familiar with the 2015 dash and the wedge deployment but I thought it strange that no matter where wedge put on screen it made no difference for wave. Salesman insisted it working but I have my doubts since on my 14 VTX it makes a huge difference in the surf wave. We "stowed" it on the screen but when the boat was out on the trailer it was all the way down. I found this odd since my stows in the up position. Salesman tells me that how they all stow with the power wedge II. Is this true?

It was on the trailer with the wedge all the way down which makes me think something screwed up. The SG would also intermittently not deploy on the boat which causes me concern. I know something not right when my VTX with 350's in back blows it away on the surf wave.

So I demoed a 2015 23 LSV (for the second time) and the wave still bad. It had 550's in the locker this time but hardly any push. I'm not familiar with the 2015 dash and the wedge deployment but I thought it strange that no matter where wedge put on screen it made no difference for wave. Salesman insisted it working but I have my doubts since on my 14 VTX it makes a huge difference in the surf wave. We "stowed" it on the screen but when the boat was out on the trailer it was all the way down. I found this odd since my stows in the up position. Salesman tells me that how they all stow with the power wedge II. Is this true?

It was on the trailer with the wedge all the way down which makes me think something screwed up. The SG would also intermittently not deploy on the boat which causes me concern. I know something not right when my VTX with 350's in back blows it away on the surf wave.

Salesman is full of crap.

• Like 1

Something wrong with the wedge. All the way up is "stow". Noticeable difference in wave when wedge is functioning. For wedge to stow properly have to be going 2-4 mph and there are warnings until it is stowed. Salesman should have known that.

I can't stand salesmen like this... Maybe they needed to do a wedge calibration.

100% that's not right. Surf wave is great on 23lsv properly set up and wedge in proper position. Been surfing my new one everyday for the last 12 days.

^^^ kidding of course

Here are some pics

http://victoriawake.com/2015/07/wakesurf-community/

750's in the PNP at a minimum, I have 900's .Bunji169 has 1100's

Depending on the size of the crew I run at least 350 in the bow.

I have the smaller moter 350 with 2315

2015 what motor? What prop. ?

If 350 go with at least 2315, 409 with 1235. IMHO

Edited by Stevo