Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Keep popping a fuse

dogs

My left ballast fill pump just stopped working. I went ahead and found that the fuse had broke so I changed it out and when I went to turn it back on, nothing happened. Checked the fuse again and it was broken as well. Did this more 4 times and the fuses broke, so I thought I would ask for advice on where to start looking for the problem

thanks

Joe

Replace pump "cartridge" part of it or take it apart and look for sand, rock debris ect... Sometimes its debris, most of time cartridge goes bad. I keep spares. (take out cartridge and see if it runs out of housing, if so, clean it up and lube it, if not, needs new pump cartridge) About $35-45 is the going price for one. I lube mine up w 303 inside housing and on the rubber part of cartridge to help not stick but hard water deposits are tough on em.

I had to upgrade to a bigger fuse on the furthest wired pump from the breaker. It kept popping, ever though all the others were fine. Upgraded to a bigger size, and no problems since.