Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Short saturday, followed by long day of trailering.....Maliview died

So had it on the life, listening to music waiting for the crew..

Drop the boat in, starts right up, everything looks good, its going to be a killer day.

As we are pulling out, about to turn the stereo on, and BOOM. Engine shutsdown, Malivew goes blank, and can't get power to most. STart troubleshooting everything. Main breaker is good, no breakers are popped, no fuses are blown. MMMM this is weird, so Try the backup ignition (2012 MXZ) and no luck, can't get it to crank or anything. So this should always work as the backup. SO horn works and heated seat works, that's it. Test all battieres and connections, nothing. towed back to dock, up on trailer and to the dealership I go.

Never seen this before, I will keep everyone updated, and of course if anyone has ideas, I am all ears. Hope its not a bad Maliview.

ah, I did not know there was this issue. But wouldn't the horn and the heated seat not work then?

I'm not sure. It depends what items are powered through that power switch. I'm pretty sure the heated seat receives it's power direct from the power bus bar. I bet the horn does also--it would be a safety issue if the horn didn't work when the dash is turned off and you are just floating on the lake.

Just poke your head around behind the power switch and see if any wires have come off and push them all back onto the terminals to make sure you don't have an loose intermittent connections. The backup key start requires power to the power switch. So, there is a real chance this could be your problem.

Ugh, got powerswitch back, out for an hour...got the dredded wedge fault, port acuator current issue. back to the dealer it looks like. I just can't win. this is the 3rd time to swap this out in 2 years.