Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Opinion on this deal?

nohlan4

New to the forum and looking at getting into a Malibu. Just wanted your opinions on a deal that I was offered from my local dealer with minimal haggling. Keep in mind this is all Canadian $'s so it won't look as good to the members that are south of the border. The boat is a 2015 23LSV with a 410HP Monsoon fully loaded, G4 tower and all of that with every availlable option except the salt water package, trailer is a boat mate with color matched wheels and LED lighting. The dealer offered up at $120K plus tax which in my province is 5%. Dealer said this was $2500 above cost, which I can't see as there wasn't much haggling to arrive at that price. Thoughts?

What is the MSRP?

I'm currently looking up the Canadian to US conversion rate........looks like $1 USD is $1.31 up there. Puts you at about $91,6 American?

Edited by Sixer

The MSRP is $194,084.96 on the option sheet I have with a "dealer" discount bringing it to $141,500.76. That conversion seems to be pretty accurate at 31 cents on the dollar.

So not too bad of a deal? I'm just trying to gauge it as there is isn't many Malibu dealers in my area besides this one. Also having the problem of deciding to buy this boat at a good price as it was ordered when the exchange rate was only 20 cents on the dollar. Or wait and order one in March when the exchange will be 30 cents or worse :( . Problem is I havent' shopped around alot yet and I would hate to jump on this boat and regret it next season. Still want to look at Tige' , Supra and Centurion. Or maybe even a nice use G23 if it happens to come up at the end of the season here.

Are you guys just trying to be polite or am I looking at the wrong boat? The ebony and vapor is sweet but not with a plain white top deck, jmo, keep looking!!

To each their own... I think it looks great

I also wasn't a huge fan until I saw it in person. It looks great with the black and white contrasting each other, white also makes surface scratches invisible which is nice on the leading edge with people climbing in and out of the boat.

• Like 2

If that boat is $92k US, that makes me realize that I have overpaid for the 2016 VLX that I have coming in 2 weeks.

I guarantee that's a closeout price on that boat to make room for new incoming 2016. Most boat dealerships have to carry the financial burden of boats on their lot, but not all. You'll never find a price like that on incoming 2016 or an ordered boat.

I am looking at a similar 23 lsv with no speakers and lights on the tower and the MSRP was at 131K US. Dealer offered it to us for 99K. Same engine, same same as yours, just different colors. I think you have a good deal going, but as others have pointed out, dealers will drop prices into the fall and especially into the spring. Then you play the odds of whether someone buys it out from under you. Bottom line, for that deal today, I don't think you can go wrong. Oh, and I think that's a sharp looking boat!!! Chick included or not....

If that MSRP is to be believed, that is almost 40% off MSRP

That is an absolutely SMOKING IMO

I like the colors but get ready for water spots

Edited by DocPhil

Are you guys just trying to be polite or am I looking at the wrong boat? The ebony and vapor is sweet but not with a plain white top deck, jmo, keep looking!!

Yeah, to each their own. That might be the sharpest-looking Wakesetter of this vintage I've ever seen. I love it.

The 1.31 conversion works almost to the penny on all the options listed. However, the base price of the boat is about $7,300canadian to high using the same 1.31 conversion rate. If MSRP was revised for the true 1.31 conversion, the MSRP would be $186,788canadian. $120kcanadian would be a 35.7% discount. An epic deal.

BUY IT!!!