Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need crew help

Ok guys, here is what I got. At Norris this past weekend and really had to power in reverse to get boat off trailer. Out on the lake later that day and I hear hear a low like lifter tic. Not high pitched but a very quiet low continuous noise. Open hatch and it sounds like it is coming from transmission. The noise comes and goes. We surfed, hydrofoil end rest of weekend. Called no wake marine and they gave me some things to check, but nothing cleared it up. Out this morning and did not hear anything at all in reference to the noise. It iwas only noticeable when the boat is in neutral. When you put it in reverse and forward no noise. Very weird but it just bothers me. Could I have torqued the shaft? Transmission fluid/ v drive fluid change?? Help me out crew...what do you think?? I have the 8.1 big block.

I know noises bounce around some in the engine compartment so I’m just throwing this out there just for something else to look at. Had a similar noise coming from my engine and I would hear it and then once under a load it would go away(forward or reverse). I finally shoved my head in there and had someone chock it and go from idle to revved up. Turns out I snapped a bolt(can’t remember what it went to since it was years ago) and the bolt was slowly backing out and hitting the belt when it had minor play with no load on it. Like I said I don’t know if this will help but another idea and something to look at.

I would think if it was the damper plate, it would hacve broke with all the riding and weight we ran in it. Taking it to no wake tomorrow and seeing what they say. Thanks for all the insight guys. I hate it when I know something is wrong and I can't find it.