Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Exile audio zld

Yuey

Just installed the exile zld. I spoke to Brian and I'm using the remote trigger from the old Rockford system and we think that is putting noise on the system. So I'm going to use a different 12 v remote. Brian said that some people on this forum have had real nice LED swiches. Just wondering what some people used and where to get it. Also since I installed the zld I'm losing my gauges going ---. I assume it's just coincidence but I have to power down the boat and start it again. Thanks mike.

I'll snap you a picture of my setup this afternoon. I've got a 2014 LSV with pretty much the setup you're referring to.

Edited by tjklein

Here you go. I didn't wire my switches to light up because I was in a hurry at the time and then I just never got around to it because you can't see them.

I mounted everything to a small piece of starboard. Works great, looks pretty good.

FullSizeRender_zpszb07yk81.jpg

FullSizeRender%202_zps0mbmt5aj.jpg

I can tell you that the Rockford Fosgate "black box" is absolutely introducing noise via the trigger leads. I'm running a 5 amp system and when I added the second set (3x Polk PA D2000.2) I was getting so much noise that I thought an amp was bad. I ended up running the triggers to a bosch style automotive relay and am using that for the triggers and it took care of most of the noise. (I can still hear some noise when the boat is on the trailer, and I'm working in a quiet location; the engine is not running.)

The stock Rockford Fosgate amps (in boat speakers and sub) are on trigger #1 and the Polk amps are on trigger #2; I only ran a relay for the Polks, but will likely modify the system to use the relay for all the amps since the RFX6000-SX "forgets" that I turned on trigger #2 at every engine start (and yes, I've modified the yellow "memory" lead to go directly to a battery.)

It's a bit of a kludge, but the RFX6000-SX trigger #1 is triggering a bosch relay and that triggers the amps to turn on; the "high current" source is from the distribution block that powers my amps.