Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

No Moon, Pitch Darkness, Dead Flashlight, LOST

Afun

:lol:

The Cuban coffee man!

You could find it all at the local Kroger, Publix what ever you have in your parts. I will send you instructions on how to make it via PM. We drink this everyday and talk about Politics while we drink. Actually this is what we do in Miami. All restaurants usually have a window where people buy this....pic will follow shortly

image_zpsqjb56hco.jpg

Edited by Afun
  • Like 2

Afun- very interested in this. Just find a kit like the one you posted? That's all I need?

I got this one. http://www.amazon.com/Delonghi-EMK6-Alicia-Electric-Espresso/dp/B00009W5F0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1439389678&sr=8-1&keywords=espresso+electric

Although, the price has gone up since I bought it. I think I paid $30-40. Simple to use. Portable. Easy to clean. Fast.

Afun got me hooked on it. I tried a few different kinds of grinds but Bustello has been my favorite and available at my local grocery market. It is part of my morning ritual and keeps me "regular"... I don't make it fancy with sugar like "Cuban Style" - I just add it to my k-cup coffee (Dark Magic) and add in some creamer. Makes for a nice STRONG cup. When I'm feelin' froggy I drink the whole pot straight... Just don't leave the house right after.... trust me.

• Like 2

I also went night sailing with a few buddies a number of years ago. Had a sober driver so the rest of us could enjoy some cold ones. We had about 3 sail boats out that night. I would not go out at night unless I knew the lake I was on pretty good . I also won't venture out far.

Tonight would be a great night to head out. Perseids meteor shower. That right there is worth a night ride. Better than any fireworks show. Sorry for the late notice.

I wish I was on vacation this week; would have been definitely floating in the middle of the lake watching it.

image_zpswkaqpoug.jpg

A special way of making...Norrismike now drinks it...but he drinks too much of it

Bustelo might only be $2 a pound, but it's the real thing. Makes a great cup of espresso.

HaHaHa... REM

Oh ya, Gary may give you permission to think of him when you are out nightswimming, but I'd prefer I wasn't on your mind.

I was hoping he would keep it more like a group setting, but I guess I'll sleep the same either way.

Indeed. But no need for that Cuban sugar. Just some heavy cream.

No man...you gringos are all the same...you need sugar!!!!!!!! I will make a go pro video soon

The "cuban way" requires like 6 tbsp of white sugar mixed in - half way thru the perc process. Oh it's good too but I can only do a little shot or two at a time. I go with Hazelnut creamer.

One of my favorite boat rides ever was at night. We had left a HB at the NW WOW in 2006 (I think) and cruised back to the boat ramp on LBC. Had a decent moon that night and it was hot out still so I cranked up the stereo, turned on the interior LED's, and put the throttle down. It was a rush! Docking and loading on the trailer...not so much. Wasn't the smartest but it was fun...!

Afun and others, has anyone used Navionics apps on their phone? I purchased the USA Navionics Boating version and used it for the first time down at Norris when I was there back in July. It works off of GPS (I assume) as I did not have cell service and it knew my location, my heading and my current speed. I recommend downloading it.

http://www.navionics.com/en/news/new-%E2%80%9Cnavionics-boating%E2%80%9C-app-now-available-iphone-ipad-android-handset-and-tablet

• Like 1

I like their dark oily espresso roast. Besides, they are on every corner and in my building. Very convenient.

Starbucks is on every corner of every city in North America. Even Toronto. Except apparently my town is too small.

• 1 month later...

And since I am in the posting mood. :wine::wine: I watched this thread til it went dark.

Many of you would poop your pants with me at night. :( :( :(

Quite often. I run the CA Delta at night. WFO :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: Only when I have a reflection.
Been doing it for years

Yeah eventually a log will get me!!!! or a random floating dock! or the Tulies?

Any one ever by 8 mile!! Hit me up. Except you guys from Detroit!!!

I think I better quit. LOL

where do you ski out of 8 mile? kings island, H&H or paridise pt.?

Ever make it over to taco Tuesdays?

or are you a lost Paradise type?

sorry lost isle!!

Edited by DOOFUSisaCAT

where do you ski out of 8 mile? kings island, H&H or paridise pt.?

Ever make it over to taco Tuesdays?

or are you a lost Paradise type

Houseboat is at 8 Mile

Ride north of Paradise. South of Kings to the channel.

I am old. My wife grounded me from Taco Tuesday after I had an employee party on Tuesday July 3rd LOL.

Gotta get out of Windmill by 4-5. We are in Stockton.

Didnt make it home and didnt have the houseboat at that time. I have a great wife. She is still with me. LOL

• Like 1

ya need to get out to lost isle...that put some wind in your sail!

Good women are hard to come by.... forget I mentioned lost isle...if you are grounded from taco tues, then lost isle would only get you into divorce court!!