Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2014 23 LSV Wakemakers HI FLO Installation

lycono

I'm having some trouble fitting the wakemakers 23 LSV custom ballast bags in my rear lockers. I was hoping someone had done this before and could provide some detail.

(I've seen lots of posts on here about this topic but none seem to have the same problems I'm having. It seems others have some minor hose length issues or had no trouble at all.)

A rundown:

• I figured out which direction the bags go lengthwise due to the drain hole locations. So far so good.
  • However, I took the sacs out of the bags without looking at the label and now I'm not sure which is port and which is starboard. The only difference appears to be the location of the side-by-side holes on the top (see second photo below). I'm not even sure what those holes are for.
  • The valve that is attached to the fill hose seems to be mounted too low to safely fit the fill hose to the top of the bag. When the bag fills up the hole would be above the valve and looks like it would severely kink the hose, or worse.

My main issue is the fill hose height. It looks like I would have to remount the valve in order to allow the hose to fit correctly? (Also, small factory defect but the starboard side valve is actually mounted backwards, you can't turn it off. I'll be remounting that anyway...).

I can call wakemakers on Monday morning but I was hoping to get out tomorrow afternoon so if anyone here has some insight I would be greatly appreciative.

A picture of the bag in place. Note how low the valve is compared to the top of the bag. You can't even see the fill hose.

19790036574_f55d481dca_h.jpg

Which is which? Starboard/Port?

19791736153_8d5b92a88f_h.jpg

The empty compartment.

20226040039_4d2fb00308_h.jpg

Edited by lycono

I think when I put my bags in (they weren't custom just bigger), I just let that hose hang loose in the rear locker. It won't hurt it at all and no one sees that area.

Also, unless you use it, take that table out of there. It will give you more room and won't pinch the bags as much

Edited by DocPhil

I think when I put my bags in (they weren't custom just bigger), I just let that hose hang loose in the rear locker. It won't hurt it at all and no one sees that area.

Also, unless you use it, take that table out of there. It will give you more room and won't pinch the bags as much

Hi DocPhil,

Thanks for the table tip. I'm curious what you mean about letting the hose hang loose? Are you saying I should detach the valve from the compartment and let the whole thing hang? That might work. Maybe I can remount it in the upper middle of the compartment divider...

Hi DocPhil,

Thanks for the table tip. I'm curious what you mean about letting the hose hang loose? Are you saying I should detach the valve from the compartment and let the whole thing hang? That might work. Maybe I can remount it in the upper middle of the compartment divider...

Yeah, exactly.

That is what I did.

Originally I was going to fill the bags a few times with them loose then re mount in a suitable location. However, I just let them hang so I could move them around if needed. Those custom bags are going to fill that whole locker and the last thing I wanted was a hose pinch.

You can always remount later.

I just installed 400# Fly High sacs in the same model boat. They don't have port/starboard bags so can't help with that. It took a few times of connecting to the Plug and Play hoses and then filling/unfilling to figure out how to place the bags and hoses.

After both the fill and drains lines kinked on a fill, I wound up unscrewing the fill valve from the wall as DocPhil did and let it hang. It's easy to place it to the side or lay on top and it's safe when it fills. It took me a couple of times to realize I needed to cut back the drain line to about 2-3 inches stub so it wouldn't kink. Took me 2 hrs to do the first one after all the trial and error and then about 20 mins to do the second.

I also removed the table as it would rub against the bag and cause a leak down the road.

BTW I did not use silicone on the fittings but I did use electrical tape to wrap the metal hose clamps so they won't cause a leak.

Fyi - move your pnp valve from pointing down to pointing sideways (horizontal vs vertical). This will allow you to fill In a top port. The other top port is used to burp air out of bag. You should have a bottom port at either end of bag to attach to bottom pnp hoses in locker.

Edited by Mpuppy

Long story short, I got to go surfing yesterday! I did a little custom work that I might change up as I was pressed for time. But it works and it's solid. I'll post some pics later this week.

Many, many thanks for all who helped out. We had a blast and I owe it to you guys.

I put in two 600 lb Straightline sacks in my rear locker. My question is what are people doing to plug the fill and drain lines if the sacks aren't connected?

I put in two 600 lb Straightline sacks in my rear locker. My question is what are people doing to plug the fill and drain lines if the sacks aren't connected?

Like when it's on the trailer? I just let them lay on the floor. But if you mean using the boat without them then the better question is WHY ARE YOU NOT USING THEM?!?!? :) AFAIK if you turn the PNP lever to the closed position it will only fill the ballast tanks and not overflow into the bags.

Edited by That Guy