Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

1993 Malibu Sunsetter Euro 3

davids

Looking at a 93 Sunsetter Euro3 and would like to know if they are good boats. I think these models still have wood stringers but not sure if the floor is fiberglass or not? Boat is in like new condition in view but I would make sure to get it surveyed before purchase. Guy wants $9500. Any suggestions or info on what to look for would be very helpfull. Thanks David

Edited by davids

Have a 91 f3 the stringers are wood it's a great boat, got mine with a new motor moster tower and boom boom stereo is that how you spell it.

I paid six thousand with a single axel trailer, the interior is a bit scetchy but I'm not conserd what the kids do to it, I am going to make terry covers for the seats and engin box, have done this befor and saves a lot of wear. All in all they are great boats kids can surf wife can to with no fat sacks a bit s***ty in bad weather but we are out there to have fun, I think 9500 is to high mor like 7000 if it's perfect

I have a '93 Malibu Sunsetter 201 Euro F3 and have a couple of questions:

1. Depth sounder appears to work but has an electrical short as it comes on and then goes off. The reason I say it is an electrical issue is that the cigaret lighter also does not work. They both run off the ACC switch, so what is the best way to troubleshoot? All other items on the power panel work except for this one?

2. Just tried Surfing and was lots of fun. Seeing some mention on older boats that because of the ballast and lean of the boat this can cause the motor to burn up because Oil is not circulating correctly? Is that an issue with this boat or just others?

Thanks

93 is all glass no wood. I sold my 93 Skier Euro F3 a few years ago for 8500 so I think if its a really nice Sunsetter it's worth 9500.

Sorry Levi, not correct. Sunsetters were not all glass until 1995. The only all glass model prior to that was the Echelon.

Sorry Levi, not correct. Sunsetters were not all glass until 1995. The only all glass model prior to that was the Echelon.

Interesting. My 93 Skier Euro F3 was all glass. I was under the impression that the Sunsetter was the same. My bad.

EDIT: This sent me down a rabbit hole... I looked through the 1993 brochure and I'm pretty sure under "Construction" of the Sunsetter Euro F3 it says " Unibody / all glass" but its really blurry. Then I found this on the history page from the Malibu web site:

By the end of 1992, Malibu had built a new production facility in Loudon, Tennessee to accommodate the increased demand east of the Mississippi. Malibu became the first to use

computers in our initial boat design. The Echelon featured the first on-board

computer system, dubbed “Computron” which included the first and only LED graphic speed control. We removed all wood from the construction, and introduced the new, patented, Fiberglass Engine Chassis System (FibECS) which eliminated vibration and noise associated with the drivetrain.

There must be someone on here with a '93 EuroSetter that could confirm for us?

• 1 year later...

I have a 1994 Malibu brochure with the entire product line. Specs for all models including Euro F3 Skier and Sunsetter show stringers as composite, floor as fiberglass, and Fibecs engine mounting. I'm not sure which years prior are similar, but my late 1993 F3 Skier has no wood except in seat bases.