Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fresh Interior and new FAE (late to post spring project)

bcf2003

Wow nice work and great write up! I did something similar to mine but the write up seemed like as much work as the restoration!

Awesome! Nice work and your boat looks great! I love the new boats but knowing that I will never be able to swing one makes me really appreciate the older ones and the restoration process. Thanks for taking the time to take pics and document everything! These are my favorite threads.

Thanks for all the compliments, I was really happy with how it turned out as well. It let me learn everything about my boat, top to bottom so that was a perk. I always have the habit of when I buy something, I usually sell it more upgraded and more nice than when I bought it. Maybe I just take pride in my toys and knowing they're as good as they're going to get if they go to someone else. Maybe I'm a little OCD lol.

Edited by bcf2003
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

That looks great! Looks like a newer boat now. How are the dash skins attached? Is it glue or staples like the seats?

The dash is held down with nothing but glue. Driver side arm rest does have a line of staples right through the seam though.

Can you PM me the people you used? I'm in the same boat ( sort of literally, only mine is red). While not in deplorable condition yet, the vinyl is starting to show some age.

Can you PM me the people you used? I'm in the same boat ( sort of literally, only mine is red). While not in deplorable condition yet, the vinyl is starting to show some age.

PM sent.