Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fuel Pressure Regulator HH380

All,

I'm having a tough time finding the FPR on the HH380. I've been told it is 'next' to the fuel pump???? I can't seem to find it... Any help would be much appreciated and pics! Thanks.

The regulator should be on an aluminum block right by the fuel pump. Towards the rear of the engine. It is a little larger diameter than a quarter and has a nipple on it that looks like it should have a small hose hooked up to it. Sometimes they do have a small rubber cap over the nipple. The is a 7/16 bolt holding it in place by a retainer ring. You'll likely have to pry it off with a flat tip screw driver. I take it you having fuel pressure issues. are you reading high or low?

Ahhh! Thanks. Yes, it is reading 70psi and I'm burning a lot of fuel. Already the coil and ICM have been replaced and I was still having the surging issue. My marina checked the fuel pressure but aren't comfortable working on Indmar engines.

You should be reading about 50 psi . Change the regulator and that should bring it under control.

Actually I forget if it's 50 or 60 but definitely not over 60. Maybe someone has the specs at hand and will chime in.

Edited by grandude

Wow, pretty straight forward. (once you know exactly what to look for...) Now water test! Thank you for the help!

Hopefully your plugs aren't too fouled from the rich fuel. If runs decent you might run it WOT for a about a minute to burn off the plugs. If still running a little crappy at idle you may need to clean or replace spark plugs.

• Like 1