Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Intake Manafold needed for 2002 Indmar Monsoon 325

I have a 2002 Wakesetter XTi with an Indmar Monsoon 325 engine and am in need of a new Intake Manafold. Does anyone have a source? Both my dealer and independent mechanic can not seem to locate one. My dealer is telling me the part number is 31125. Thank you.

• 1 month later...

I have an 02 XTI with what seems to be an air intake issue after ive replaced the idle air control valve and the throttle position sensor - still not fixed. How did you determine your intake manifold is done? Mine won't idle properly esp after hot engine - requires fast idle to crank (all basics changed - plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor, PCV, fuel pressure good - dealer can't ID prob either - no codes thrown. Makes bad sucking air sounds at idle - runs smooth & problem free over 1 k rpm

Sucking or squeaking sounds are an indication of a vacuum leak. Check the gaskets where you changed the parts and look for cracks or loose bolts in the throttle body and manifold.

I think I'd try spraying ether or carb cleaner at its gaskets while it idles. When you hit the leak, the RPM will jump.

I appreciate the reply - multi-port fuel injection engines idles at 650 rpm as manual suggest but it just seems too low (if fast idle up to say + 750 rpm it sure purrs a lot smoother). Dealer said timing is right. So, I had the engine at idle - after I cleaned the throttle body intake good with rubbing alcohol & pulled off the vacuum hose that leads over to the PCV valve on top of the valve cover then the motor did jump up +200 rpm as it could suck in enough air without pulling air thought the PCV valve which I had just replaced (old & new rattled with indications check valve is ok).

Put vacuum hose back onto PCV valve & then RPM drops back to 650 & motor just seems to struggle to stay at idle. Often dies (like u hear a giant exhale of air). Then in order to crank - u must fast idle the throttle (throttle linkage forces the throttle body /valve to open up & engine gets enough air to crank is what I presume is happening)

Any ideas - im learning a lot as I go with all of this. Gaskets & all parts on intake manifold are solid & appear as they should. So, I assume it is a bad idea to not have the vacuum hose pulling air from the PCV (would run to lean - too much air??) and letting the motor idle at 850 rpm.

I appreciate any help - dealer was of no help trying to diagnose (except discovering a bad fuel injector). Only 450 hours - well maintained.

Get some spray carb cleaner and clean the inside of the throttle body again with the engine running, then with it off and the throttle wide open, then let it set a little while. Crank it again and see if the idle settles. Also clean the air cleaner.

You didn't say that you actually did the spray test for leaks.

It is possible that the idle setting on the throttle body needs a slight adjustment. If the IAC pintle is at its limit, it can't control the idle.

How did the dealer find the bad injector? Do you have another bad one?

Will be able to get to the boat the weekend to do the spray test & further troubleshooting - I've read here running it at high idle with vacuum hose off will cause major cylinder damage under power beyond an idle testing (too lean).

Had dealer test each cylinder for spark & fuel then discovered that only one cylinder was getting no fuel due to faulty injector.

I have the shop manual so I'll have to see about tweaking the idle setting on the throttle body

Thanks - I'm learning a ton from the helpful folks on The Crew!

I would do the throttle body idle setting as a last resort. I was throwing it out there for completeness, but I really doubt it will be the solution. You can always tweak and put it back, though.

No vacuum leaks detected after extensive spray testing. It appears just cleaning the throttle body (although it wasn't really bad with Carbon buildup at all) along with thoroughly cleaning the air cleaner (which surprisingly did have a fair amount of black filth rinse away) has helped a great deal. Running on the hose it appears to idle a little stronger now that she's getting a little more air to breath - lake test is next. Thanks again for the tips.

Had replaced IAC with no improvement. Lake test confirms cleaning the air cleaner/spark arrester along with carb cleaner ran though the throttle bottle as suggested above helped a ton! She is holding a steady idle much better esp after quick stops unlike before.