Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Service Warning ?

Superformance

I have 2015VLX and my 1st service warning message came up at the normal 10 hour point. I took the boat in to my MB dealer and $184.00 later I got it back, however my service warning indicator didn't clear /go away. Now is this just a simple oversight on the dealers part that they didn't clear the code, or is even possible to do the service without clearing the code as part of the procedure. I just hope they did it .. Not accusing anyone of anything just looking for a little peace of mind I guess...

I'm going to call them just wanted some honest feed back before I did.

Thanks for any help

Regards SPF

Does a service banner come up for regular maint? In my experience it comes up when there is a problem. I would get the service banner while working through the gremlins in my boat when it was new. Turned out to be a bad circ pump but all red banner said was something along the lines of service engine.

On the 2015's it pops up at the 10hr interval, and others, as a reminder for service. You can clear it manually in the menu screen. Can't remember off top of my head, but should be a option to clear it when message pops up.

I would just call and ask them.

And pull your dipstick. If oil looks good, clear it

Identical scenario happened to me this year. I called dealer and they said that they serviced it and to just clear it.

Edited by DocPhil