Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power wedge 2 question

wheelman

does the auto wedge on the pw2 work like the old wedge? On my 2010 my gauge would show the wedge all the way down then come up 2 clicks for my surf setting at speed. I could see it move on the gauge and also feel the wedge move in difference in boat feel. On my 2015 I surf with it 2 clicks down from stow and when I start out that's where the gauge stays,not all the way down and then move up and it does not feel like the wedge moves by performance on boat. I know the wedge is working

cause I can move it up and down with the button and feel and see the difference. My auto wedge is turned on

on the PW2, it starts in launch mode, then when the boat hits about 19.2, it goes to the configured "clicks". It's totally freaky because when the boat is planing off, the bow rise is NOTHING. Then when the wedge goes into the correct setting, the bow suddenly rises and the rear squats down. It's wild.

Edited by boardjnky4
  • Like 1

I'll verify the next time out, but pretty sure auto wedge will not acfivate this year in surf mode. I've realized it when going from surf to wakeboarding it will not go into lift mode without loading a wakeboard preset. Even the LS3 doesn't like planing with the wedge up....