Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

WHAT A DAY!

barefootboy

Getting a new motor put in my boat. Stopped by the shop to check on the progress. Could tell immediately things weren't good buy the looks on everyone. New motor started ok but then a tapping sound and then into a loud knocking sound. Another motor on the way ! THEN, went to my friends house to do some surfing. He has a ski centurion enzo w/ 80 hours on it. Practically brand new. We were in the middle of the lake and heard a loud pop. Felt like we had hit a log in the water. Then another pop and one more. We stopped. My buddy asked what was going on and no sooner than he said that he said "the hull has separated from the boat". The summer of 2015 will go down in history

A big question is what will SC do? My buddy was looking for advice. From the middle of the transom to about half way up the side of the boat,behind rub rail, I could stick my thumb through. A wonder we didn't sink it with all the ballsts full. I will try to post pics

What a day indeed. I have never heard of a boat separating like you are talking about. Sounds like another new enzo on the way as well. Keep us posted I would like to know how both of these end.

It can only get better from here.

• Like 1

A big question is what will SC do? My buddy was looking for advice. From the middle of the transom to about half way up the side of the boat,behind rub rail, I could stick my thumb through. A wonder we didn't sink it with all the ballsts full. I will try to post pics

SC?

Ah. SC to me means Skiers Choice (Moomba/Supra). Never heard Centurion referred to as Ski Centurion.

Not sure what year they dropped the Ski from the name, but that's what they were called back in the 80's and 90's.

• Like 2

Running the stock ballast. I still call them Ski Centurion. Old school here. Buddy sent me a slide show of pics from his iphone(I have a droid and now idea how or if that can be uploaded here). I posted on centurion crew and saw where that has happened to that guy in Canada. I have contacted him directly. It looks like they may have fixed his but not sure. His took on A LOT of water and about sank!.