Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Upgraded my Surf Gate System

rugger

martinarcher

Looks great rugger! I really like how you tucked the Wake Logic display into the bottom left corner of the dash. Looks like it fits in nicely. The switch looks totally stock too!

Man those actuators are quick! That should make throwing transfers pretty fun and a lot easier than before! Nice work on the spray fix. The wave looks so clean. I wish our water was that clear!

Setup looks great. Any idea how to tell the difference between the new faster and old slower models? I have a pair of 102's i got last year still new in box and will sell them on ebay if they are the slow ones... thanks in advance!

Setup looks great. Any idea how to tell the difference between the new faster and old slower models? I have a pair of 102's i got last year still new in box and will sell them on ebay if they are the slow ones... thanks in advance!

There's a way to reference the numbers on the actuator with a form on lencos website. I doubt it though... took a little trickery to get mine. Lenco turned me down trying to go direct. They were replacing a bad actuator for me and I asked them to swap with fast version and then I'd buy the second one so they'd make money. No dice. Had to get a dealer to get them. I also did it to get back on the water quicker instead of waiting for lenco to receive the bad one, then replace or repair and ship back.

Looks great rugger! I really like how you tucked the Wake Logic display into the bottom left corner of the dash. Looks like it fits in nicely. The switch looks totally stock too!

Man those actuators are quick! That should make throwing transfers pretty fun and a lot easier than before! Nice work on the spray fix. The wave looks so clean. I wish our water was that clear!

MA, thanks for making the Wake Logic controller versatile. Very nice having the ability to adjust the length of throw and the speed of deployment as well as the GPS override so you can test it on land. One thing I reconfirmed also is that if you deploy on land, and set the timing based on that, the distance the gate throws will be shorter than what you expect. That's because the Lencos under load (say deploying in the water at around 7 mph setting) move slower than on land. So you have to use a hair longer timeframe on your settings. I need to adjust my settings to deploy a hair longer but the gates still worked well enough for a trial run surf session. I'm just a rec surfer anyway.

If you got them from the dealer I know that wasn't cheap. Wave looks awesome. Nice setup

Thanks. Nah, the fast ones are around the same price thankfully. Really only better for wake transfers, but I was amazed at the difference in speed. At least 2x for sure.

And thanks to Fman and the other guys with the newer boats who recommended the faster versions. I'd be just fine with the standard Lencos, but the Faster ones are def cool, even on an old boat like mine.

Edited by rugger
  • Like 1

i have had MA's wake logic kicking around for 2 seasons now, hope to install soon.

how did you build your gates to take into account the lip in the hull on the 08's?

are both of the hinges above that lip?

thanks

bob

• Like 1

i have had MA's wake logic kicking around for 2 seasons now, hope to install soon.

how did you build your gates to take into account the lip in the hull on the 08's?

are both of the hinges above that lip?

thanks

bob

Mine is a 2003, not an 08. Is that what you meant? My transom has a step in it, so a bracket was made to mount the gates. I can send you some pics, but if you have an 08 than we have a different hull entirely.