Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wetsounds 420SQ install - kit or no kit?

Kalamazoo

If you have one, did you simply mount it with the supplied brackets or did you buy the 'mounting kit'? Pics would be great if possible.

https://wetsounds.com/pages/products/WS-420KIT.html

I have the kit on the current boat. Bought it because I wanted to run the WS-BT too. Unfortunately my WS-BT and boat electronics hate each other and it's noisy. If you are going to do the WSBT I'd say get the bracket for sure because it looks nice. If you aren't getting the WSBT then you have a goofy hole there (it does come with a plug to fill the hole but still, it looks like a hole with a plug in it).

Without the kit it's real easy to make a bracket from a piece of abs plastic that you can heat and melt into an angle bracket. That's what I did on my MB, like this:

707927f6.jpg