Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

fuse on 2011 247, need help PLEASE....

malik

So I went to install a transom light on my boat, before I did I actuated the transom light switch on the Maliview and touched the wires from light to the factory preset transom light wires in rear of boat. Worked great so I proceeded to mount everything and wire them up. As soon as I did there is no longer any power to those wires. After trying everything I eventually just wired them to the lights on the back of the transom that come on with the interior lights. I would really like to be able to turn on separately. I have looked every where for the fuse to the "real" transom light wires and can't find anywhere. Malibu dealer says its up under dash with the rest of the fuses but none of them are marked transom. Also I pulled every fuse under the dash in the factory black box and none of them are blown. Any ideas where this fuse might be??? Thanks so much for any help, Trent.

My transom lights are controlled with the interior lights. The fuse is under the dash in the black box. On mine it is the #12 fuse position and a purple fuse. It will be marked "Interior Lights" Try swapping the interior light fuse just in case, they can be hard to see good or bad sometimes.

Edited by wdr

My transom lights are controlled with the interior lights. The fuse is under the dash in the black box. On mine it is the #12 fuse position and a purple fuse. It will be marked "Interior Lights" Try swapping the interior light fuse just in case, they can be hard to see good or bad sometimes.

Thank you, only thing is my interior lights are working so I wouldnt think it would be that fuse.

"On mine" the male/female plug ins for the transom lights sit behind the vent tubes zip tied to transom wall. You will have to pull the plastic divider walls to get to them, but easy enough to get to. Check to see how well the ends are crimped to the wire, I am starting to have issues with crappy crimps i.e. the master power reset button on the panel below the throttle. Talk about a high pucker factor, approaching a 6 barge tug boat and the engine mysteriously cuts out!