Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 Axis T22 or T23? Opinions on performance etc.

Malibuzer

Bu crew I am looking for some opinions on the ski-ability of the T22 or T23. We are looking up going to a bigger boat and selling the VTX. My only concern is how well the two boats may ski. All we tend to do now is Slalom and surf. The little VTX skis so well but lacks in the surfing area. I would hope that some crew members have had both models for a while and may give me some good insight into either boats abilities.

Thanks

ahopkins22LSV

I have only seen the slalom wake from the boat on a T22 and I would prefer to never be on a ski behind that boat. I can only imagine the T23 is worse.

What about a 2013-14 diamond hull vlx? Will still ski OK and surf better than your VTX.

Last year I upgraded to a T22 from a 2003 23 LSV. They are probably around the same weight, but the 2003 had a much nicer ski wake. The T22 has a deeper v hull. A friend has skied behind my T22 once. You can ski it but if you're cutting hard back through the wake you'll probably get air.

I would look for a used VLX or even LSV with diamond hull. My T22 at 32 is not a ski wake. My previous 23 LSV with diamond hull was skiable, especially with smaller crew and half tank of gas.

I heard the ski wake behind those models is as flat as a pancake and you'll be running at 38' off soon after buying one! VTX owners everywhere are looking to sell their boats to other Crew members and go bigger with a new Axis!

• Like 2