Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Exile once again...

wakebrdr94

Yeah baws, I used the back vinyl, I thought that would help keep the corners from poking through. The techs in the back had an old dash in the back, so I pulled the vinyl from it. I used the piece of Plastic that is the base for the two pieces of wood that support the tier while shipping. I just went back far enough so I could see still the rca labels in the back, I'll get you a pick later when I get the boat in the water

So when adding an equalizer to the malibu, you remove the Volume/Mute/next song function of the sports knob right? Is that all that is removed from the stock functionality of the boat? Does the right side screen controls for volume and next song still work?

If you do a stereo delete you loose all functions to the mtc (small touch screen on right) and sport knob. Not sure about if you add eq to just the black box. I thought the mtc stereo controls act like an eq?

If you add the eq to the black box, you should be able to keep your functions through the knob and screen.

Yep, that's essentially what I did this year. Full factory stereo, then ripped out the amps and replaced with FOUR Exile amps and built a custom sub too. I have the black box and full MTC and knob function. But it's worthless with how much noise the factory system makes (wish I'd known that). So I run the stereo through my ZLD in aux mode, which is connected to Exile BT module. It sounds great. But it makes me feel like the factory stereo and knob upgrade were a waste of $ since I never use either.

• Like 1

wakebrdr94,

Are you running your tower speakers at 2ohm? What is the different or why did you go with the XM30.2 (2 Channel amp) over the XM15.4 (4 Channel amp). Are you getting more power out of the XM30? Its actually quite impressive that you can support 8 cabin speakers, a sub and 4 tower speakers with just 2 amps.

Die, I'm running everything at 2 ohms. When I spoke with Brian last year, he suggested the set up based on my needs. I'm getting plenty of power out here and haven't had any issues. Even in 115 degree heat out here in Parker at the moment, the amps have handled everything fine

I do have one question for the experts. Can I power the exile BT off the zld? I grabbed power for it with the switch from the seat heater fuse on the side panel and I'm getting engine noise. All other power is coming from the distribution blocks on the amp board.

Edited by wakebrdr94

Isn't the Exile BT already self-powered and you only need to tie into the back of the ZLD for ground and remote-turn on? I thought that is what I did for mine. Check your instructions or on Exile's website. I can check later this week to be sure

Edited by shenard

It's not self powered, but it's only on or off. There is no remote turn on lead.

Powering from the ZLD would be ideal, IMHO.

You can power off remote turn on lead but mine lost connectivity with turning on and off ignition. Had to rehook Bluetooth after rider change. I put it back on the hot wire and just turn off my battery switch at the end of day to kill the Bluetooth power. Otherwise your little blue led will flicker on the Bluetooth box all the time the boat is stored.

You can power off remote turn on lead but mine lost connectivity with turning on and off ignition. Had to rehook Bluetooth after rider change. I put it back on the hot wire and just turn off my battery switch at the end of day to kill the Bluetooth power. Otherwise your little blue led will flicker on the Bluetooth box all the time the boat is stored.

yep, I do mine teh same way.

Ran the BT power to the REM on the ZLD and ground to ZLD Ground, actually made the noise worse. Everything is grounded to the DIST blocks.

Interesting....

what if you run the power to the ZLD constant? Is your distro block not controlled by your battery switch? I would not worry about the minimal draw of the BT dongle when you leave the switch on while you are on the water. I mean if you leave your switch on all winter long or something there may be some impact, but to leave the bt module on overnight will be no biggie. Probably draws less power than your anchor light.

• 3 weeks later...