Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How to hook up iPod to 2015 srereo

wheelman

I tried to hook my iPod, iPhone directly wired into the round din glove box port but there is no setting on the stereo control for iPod, just aux which is the 3.5mm cord. Has anyone been able to do this? My Bluetooth connection does the fade in and out problem so I would like to try it directly wired in. My 2010'worked this way perfectly

Rockford Fosgate hides the manual, but here's a link:

http://www.crutchfield.com.edgesuite.net/pix.crutchfield.com/ImageBank/v20150319130500/Manuals/575/575X6000SX.PDF

From the compatibility testing:

30-Pin iPod Connector: The Rockford Fosgate RFX6000-SX features a proprietary multi-pin port and includes a 6' 30-pin iPod connector cable for connection of Apple iPod/iPhone devices with a 30-pin connector; including iPod video (5th gen), iPod nano (1-6th gen), iPod classic (80/120/160GB), iPod touch (1-4th gen), iPhone (2G-4S). The unit will playback stored music files from your Apple iPod/iPhone device and offer category browsing, basic playback control, plus song/artist information display from the wired remote (your iPod/iPhone device will be locked). Your iPod/iPhone device will also charge while connected.

Note: Not compatible with newer Apple iPod, iPhone, iPad devices with Lightning connector.

There is an updated cable, but Rockford Fosgate doesn't list it on their website:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_97633_Rockford-Fosgate-IPODEC2.html

Compatible with select marine black boxes and source units:

Rockford Fosgate RFX4000-SX

Rockford Fosgate RFX6000-SX

Rockford Fosgate RFX9901DM2

I didn't get a cable with my '15, and I haven't needed it yet; I'm using the Viper II bluetooth.

What iOS device/generation and version of iOS are you connecting?

I tried connecting my iPhone 5 with the Lightning adapter and didn't work then I tried an old iPod shuffle with old 30 pin connection and still didn't work. There is not a iPod setting to select on stereo control. I have Rockford bt, viper bt, sirus, aux,and radio settings on it. My boat did not come with cord either but I had my cord from 2010 lsv and it plugged right into glove box. iOS 5 on iPod shuffle

Edited by wheelman

Check out the last page of the manual on the crutchfield site titled "DIGI PORT OPERATION", you should end up with a mode that reads DIGI PORT if I read it correctly, it also appears that there are two digi ports on the back of the RFX6000-SX, look at P3. I would suggest trying to connect the IPODEC cable directly to DIGI PORT 1 bypassing the RFX33SD in the glove box and see what happens; if that doesn't work try digi port 2. I have three theories:

1. The cable from the RFX33SD to the RFX6000-SX is loose/disconnected

2. The cable from the RFX33SD to the RFX6000-SX is plugged in to the "wrong" DIGI PORT (maybe DIGI PORT 2 instead of DIGI PORT 1)

3. Someone at Medallion "forgot" to program the Viper II to have a DIGI PORT mode and that's why Malibu isn't shipping the IPODEC or IPODEC2 cables with the '15 boats.

I've already found some other "bugs" in the RFX6000-SX to Viper II integration, and I've found at least 1 (possibly 2) mistakes in how the RFX6000-sx was wired in my boat. Check the cables/connections and you might be able to get things working.

I asked me dealer for an IPODEC or IPODEC2 cable and I was told that none of the '15 boats came with a cable; he even checked a few bags for boats that were in inventory just to keep me happy and none of them had them either. I was going to order an IPODEC2 cable if I decided that I needed one, but the bluetooth has been working fairly well for me (going in via the Viper II bluetooth connection). I keep an iPad Mini in a RAM mount above the 7" display and use multiple music apps as well as a chartplotter and a few other things. I still haven't figured out Perfect Pull, it seems to "afterthought" software.

That cable isn't cheap either. I have bought 2 for my 15 lsv and they are around 49$. They fall apart where the cord goes into the I pod plug constantly.

Thanks mikeo ' took the amp rack off and got in behind to the wiring and sure enough the iPod cord was nut plugged into the black box. Hooked it up and everything is working as it should. iPod setting shows up on the stereo screen menu now.

• Like 2

Thanks mikeo ' took the amp rack off and got in behind to the wiring and sure enough the iPod cord was nut plugged into the black box. Hooked it up and everything is working as it should. iPod setting shows up on the stereo screen menu now.

you should need to add this if you want to hook up that iPhone 5.

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD823AM/A/lightning-to-30-pin-adapter

I think I have the same problem. I don't have a I anything on my stereo. I have also tried to plug in a I phone 5 and 6 into all the usb ports and nothing. I'm really stupid when it comes to stereo stuff.

USB ports will not play iPhone/iPod , will only play USB stick, thumb drives and music has to be In right format to recognize it.

Excuse my ignorance, Please educate me... what is the right format for the usb port/SD to play music so it populates all the files individually? Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Implemented this solution this past weekend - Mpow Streambot bluetooth/FM Transmitter - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KIMX4EY?redirect=true&ref_=s9_simh_gw_p422_d6_i1. This plugs into the 12volt accessory outlet and provides bluetooth connectivity to your device and FM transmission to the head unit. Also has a USB port for connecting a cable to charge your device. Worked flawlessly out of the box. I have not tested it out on the water - my only concern is pounding of the hull in rough or slightly rough water causes the unit to dislodge from the outlet.

Edited by sjaltus