Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Vinyl splitting at the seams on 2013 LSV - anyone else having this issue?

daylorb

all 3 seams on my '14 LSV are tearing. :cry: We bought it new in the off season ,have put 84 hours on it. The old Malibu we had for 4 years, 270 hours, not a single tear.

Doesn't sound like it will be an issue for the dealer to warranty, but hate to have to replace the seats every year.

That seat saver above ^ could use a redesign.

I had 2 seat cushions recovered under warranty 2 or 3 years ago, but haven't had a recurrence.

My boat is 10 yrs old & I have one seat just now starting to tear open at the seam.

So what is everyone using to clean their seats? We were always told that anything harsh, ie; bleach, is going to destroy the threads & cause this.

I only use the Bling boat products. It looks to me that there is not enough overlap of the vinyl at the seams. The three held, the vinyl just tore out of the thread.

I have 30 hrs on my 14 VLX and the corner seat seam tore. Dealer replaced under warranty.

Ahh yes... The warranty pic of the entire cushion + one with finger(s) pointing to tear. I became a pro while mine was under warranty.