Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Which gas option is better?

When water passes through a fuel system, it displaces fuel. This creates a lean condition. This lean condition can be cylinder to cylinder or engine wide. Lean conditions lead to higher cylinder temps or overall higher engine temps. This leads to excessive ware, burned exhaust valves, pre ignition which causes burned pistons.

So as noted, ethanol does not directly harm the engine, but even an modern engine can be damaged by the side effects. Science may not prove it to your liking, but the people that work on these engines on a daily basis and the boat owners that have to pay for it, see it all too often.

Hahahahaha

So you are now arguing the point you claimed no one argued

You are a piece of work bro

Its not one thing that our engines are benefiting from it packages. In most of these things you need a total package to get anything near what is available from any one thing.

In my 88 dynasty boat that I've had since 99, I have ran ethanol fuel in it since that fuel first came to my area in the mid 2000s. The same with my mowers and small engines. I maintain them all and have done so for the last 35 years. In the last 3 years I have had several fuel related failures with these engines and seen the carbs, float bowls, and fuel systems on all of them since I was fixing them. There is lots of new corrosion, rust and black rubber that I have had to clean out. In 35 years, this is the first time I have seen such type of damage. I believe it to be from ethanol. So now I run non ethanol in these engines. For my cars I still run ethanol fuel. That's just me but I think there is truth to e fuel being political and that it also is harmful to fuel systems.

I'm pretty late to this party, but you guys in Michigan have no idea about humidity in the air, or how much water the air can hold. Every time fuel gets transferred to another tank, air moves into the sending tank to replace the volume previously occupied by the fuel. Ultimately, the fuel winds up in something like a boat, where the engine burns the fuel. Again, air comes into the vent to replace the volume of fuel.

In each case, any water in the air will condense out of the air when the temperature drops below the dew point of that air. So here in Florida, I can fill my tank and go out and burn it all the same day (at 100 degrees/99% humidity), then go home and put the boat away, at which time the air in the tank will cool and condense all of its water into the fuel left in the tank.

My little 38 gallon tank is not going to trap much water on any one trip, but you have to recognize that the same thing happens at every step of the process. The depot drops 20,000 gallons into a truck, the truck drops 20,000 gallons at the service station, and the service station pumps it into cars. Every step involves moving 20,000 gallons of very wet air into a cooler tank, where it quickly condenses.

Most of the water in gas comes through this process, not from rain. Some states require closed vent cycling (vapor nozzles), but most do not. Those that do require it have it to stop venting gas fumes into the air, not because you might suck some water into your tank.