Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

big swings in tempurature on hammerhead

I am getting big swings in engine temperature on my 2008 wakesetter xti. the temp warning light comes on and by the time I hit "exit" on the screen its started to go down and back to normal. Then a couple of minutes later it will repeat. I checked the intake and nothing is clogged. Any other suggestions?

If it's changing rapidly, like a matter of seconds, it's most like the temp sender. It would be almost impossible to actually change the temp of the engine that quickly.

Sounds like you need the bypass (re route) kit from Indmar. It's a re plumb kit that re routes the cooling from the thermostat housing to the cats. It evens out the temperature spikes and helps prevent catastrophic failure of the CATS from them running without water, getting hot then the thermostat opening and sending lake temperature water on a hot cat.