Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

20MXZ Wakeboarding set up

Evil

I'm Trying to dial in my wakeboard wake and I've got a couple of questions

What is the stock ballast weight for the 20MXZ with out PNP bags?

I'm wonder if anyone with a 20MXZ has any suggestions on wakeboarding ballast/wedge/speed set up other than the default Malivew settings?

Right now I'm running bow tank full, center tank full, and the 2 rears at 50%, wedge about 75% at 20-21mph, at 65' rope. I like the wake, it's poppy and narrow compared to my old A20, so it's really fun but I'm looking to add more rope for a little more height and time in the air.

I've tried the default "advance wakeboarding wake" (I think all tanks full and wedge at 100%) but it felt like it had hard time getting on plane, it seamed stern heavy. I have and extra 500 fat sac I was going to throw in the bow but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I have the 350 with an acme 1235,

Any help is appreciated!

I have ACME 2419, and 350 Indmar.

I ride my A20 everything full, no wedge. 75' rope. 20mph.

For my more advanced friends, I will put another 300lb bag in the bow and drop the wedge, and pull them 22mph.

That's about the same set up I had in my A20 but I was riding it at 70' @21mph with the wedge down, that wake was too wide for me at 75'!

I think the biggest thing that is throwing me off is the power wedge.

When I ride with the wedge down, I feel like I the wake is too steep. I prefer the mellow wake over the quarter pipe. What kinda of wakeboard are you riding? If you're not already riding a continuous rocker, I'd highly recommend trying one out. I am riding a Hyperlite Marek now. I was on a Ronix One. The pop off the wake is much easier to feel on this board than my old.

I switched from the One to the Bandwagon this season, I really like the kick I'm getting from the camber. It's Defiantly a slower mellow board though, Rode a Murray back in the day when it has a continuous rocker but haven't been back on one in a few years.