Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Never Been On My Boat By Myself...Never Launched at Night

Afun

Well, I've launched both this Bu and my old Bu numerous times alone, several in the dark.

In northern, MI I've launched the family salmon boat numerous times alone, at night such that it was ready in the am for fishing. A few of those times I took a cooler and a midnight cruise. And....a couple I never went to sleep. Picked my dad up and went fishing. Good stuff.

Here, I once took the old Bu for a midnight cruise. That occurred only one time since we have a pontoon.

• Like 1

I'm at the point that I realize that my "wife" is not going to follow along in this game we call " Afun's Fantastic Life" so I have to move on...I am on vacation and want to do new things...look at the stars...etc

I also feel like skateboarding downtown knoxville right now....but I think that is Makers Mark talking...maybe, maybe not...I got lots of hills, I might hurt myself

• Like 2

Launching/ loading is no big deal, the tough part is knowing the lake well enough to drive around it and find your way back in the dark.

Very true statement!!

Nothing quite like laying back and listening to the water lap at the side of a boat while staring up at the stars. If that doesn't relax you, well then you're on meth.

No doubt about it.

Nothing quite like laying back and listening to the water lap at the side of a boat while staring up at the stars. If that doesn't relax you, well then you're on meth.

I'm listening to Indy Pop

I launch and retrieve solo quite often. Its not bad and all about the routine. Its only a little stressful when the ramp is busy.

Get the boat ready to launch as normal but leave bow eye hooked

back into the water so the stern floats but the bow stays cradled a little.

fire engine

unhook bow and back off

dock and tie up

park rig

Retrieval is about the reverse.

afun,

you gotta go out at night! it is awesome. no real issues just launch like you normally do, dock like normal. My wife is Less than helpful, with this stuff, she is a stellar flag holder though! Norris at night would be incredible!

afun,

you gotta go out at night! it is awesome. no real issues just launch like you normally do, dock like normal. My wife is Less than helpful, with this stuff, she is a stellar flag holder though! Norris at night would be incredible!

It is awesome at night.

Not sure if he is ready to graduate just yet though.... He needs to find his big boy panties first....

• Like 2

I've done it a few times as well. In one case, Wife was out of town one nite so I took the boat out. It was pretty cool. I know my lake well but still almost got turned around and confused. I boat on a lake where there are lots of houses so along wih the stars there were little specs of house lights as well. Pretty cool. I've never slept on the boat yet but will do so soon.

MalibuNation

I launch and retrieve my boat all the time by myself and have done it when it has been pitch black out. Luckily I've been on my deep lake for 23 years know it well.

I used to fish all East TN lakes at night by myself starting around the age of 17. No issues at all. Just make sure you have a good spotlight if you might be around bouys and keep an eye on depth finder.

Skated downtown Knoxville a lot too when I was a kid. ?