Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

247 last attempt of ideas

spokanesonly007

I have a 08 247 with the 8.1L and 700 hour's. This weekend my boys and I where out cruising in a poker run not running the boat hard maybe 2800 rpms on plane. All of a sudden the transmission goes into neutral. . No forward no reverse. . Fly by wire.. checked the fluid levels got to be electronic. . I pulled the controls apart checked out the micro switches test ok.. any suggestions?

Will the boat go into reverse? I'm fairly sure you can change the connections on the solenoids at the transmission to decide if the issue is a solenoid, or the shifter. If you swap them remember that reverse is forward and vise versa. I would start at the back of the boat and work forward to the shifter. When you say you tested the micro switches, where were these located?

I had this happen to my 08 as well. The bolts that connect Vdrive to the engine sheared. The boat would not go into forward or reverse and all seemed to be ok except for the Vdirve to engine connection. Hope this helps.

with motor running unscrew your transmission dip stick, can you hear or see any movement in the dip stick hole, this can help verify the drive plate did not fail. drive plate is the part that connects the motor flywheel to the transmission.

alos on the transmission right by the shift solenoids, there should be a red cap with a cotter pin holding it in place, also really close to the dip stick, remove the red cap, there should be a small silver round post that should have a cotter pin and a 1/4" collar around the silver shaft, you can remove the small cotter pin under the red cap, remove the 1/4" collar, and then with your fingers turn the small silver shaft clockwise until it stops, use fingers only... this will put the transmission in FWD gear. but be careful the boat will start in gear now, Your neutral safety switch in actually in your control box, i.e. throttle box at the helm. if your boat goes into gear manually by turning the finger screw under the red cap, them id say you have a bad control box. good luck.

Hey thanks. . Going to try screwing that in now.. and yes when the oil cap is off I can hear the oil moving around. . On a side note.. I've Had the throttle box apart 3 times so far.. Haven't checked power yet. My meter was broken. . But the micro switches are working properly with a beep meter

So this morning I removed those pins and did like instructed. ..the prop started turning. . Not like it does when it goes into gear but non the less it started turning. . So back to the control box I go

Status update. . Control check out. . No power to the transmission power confirmed out of controls.. anyone know of a connection or a splice they would have made between the controls and the transmission?

• 2 weeks later...