Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Shoutout to Boatmate

TheBoy82

I just wanted to let everyone know of the good experience I had with Boatmate today.

Over the weekend I was re-carpetin my bunks and discovered one of the welds and metal were cracked on my swing tongue. I'm leaving for Norris lake in a week, so I was having minor freak out moment. I called up Boatmate early this morning and worked with a gentlemen named Mike. I explained the problem and asked what it would take to get the part here by the end of the week. He immediately asked for a picture of the problem and my phone number an assured me he would call back. Within 30 min. Mike called me back and said they would replace the defective part free of change and send it out today. Needless to say i'm very impressed with their customer service, and the fact that the trailer is 10yrs old shows that they are not afraid to stand behind their work. Thank You Boatmate!

here's a pic of the problem for you guys. honestly, i don't know how I didn't notice it sooner.

IMG_0448.jpg

• Like 2

Nice!

What is your plan to replace it though?

Already have the piece that is being replaced off the trailer. Had to heat the bolt that everything hinges on to get it to break loose. As far as all of the internals are concerned, Mike told me to either find a deep well socket or some appropriately sized doll rod to push the pins out. I guess the trick is to make the doll rods short enough that they can slide in the assembly and the outer "shell" but keep everything inside intact. The theory is, everything will slide out as one piece. We'll see about that...

I'll post some pics of the process.

Edited by TheBoy82

Worst part will be having to bleed the brakes unless you have a motive power bleeder

+1 gotta say, the bleeder and attachments for all my stuff wasn't cheap but man is it easy

Worst part will be having to bleed the brakes unless you have a motive power bleeder.

yeah..not looking forward to that part

I just had to warranty a failed Fulton jackstand with Boatmate.... entered my info on the online warranty request link, new jack stand arrives a few days later.

A++ customer service these guys get it.

This is one of those companies you can TRUST to stand behind their gear AFTER the sale.

• Like 3

Already have the piece that is being replaced off the trailer. Had to heat the bolt that everything hinges on to get it to break loose. As far as all of the internals are concerned, Mike told me to either find a deep well socket or some appropriately sized doll rod to push the pins out. I guess the trick is to make the doll rods short enough that they can slide in the assembly and the outer "shell" but keep everything inside intact. The theory is, everything will slide out as one piece. We'll see about that...

I'll post some pics of the process.

That should work. I replaced an actuator a month after I got my trailer and after the pins were pulled it was easy as pie to remove the actuator from the swing away tongue.

If that works you should not need to bleed brakes at all.

• 2 weeks later...

+1 to Boatmate. Their customer service is awesome. I don't think enough can be said about Mike either. He definitely takes the time to explain everything like you're the only customer he has. He helped me through some hub issues back in the spring.