Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Stolen boat - keep an eye out

bamabonners

2015 VLX stolen from Sunny Marine in Knoxville, TN. Please keep an eye out for it. Boat is platinum and metallic purple. If you have any info, please contact Zac at Sunny Marine.

Video footage (picture of the TV, sorry for the reflections...):

Theif truck

truck_zpswai9ssxd.jpg

Theif in white:

theif_zpsh6fbw7xe.jpg

boat_zpskvxjle4e.jpg

Edited by bamabonners

I tell you right now.....no way this boat is driven on a TN lake. No way it sells without paper. If it parts out...I could see the engine selling and the hull not selling.

The only possible way is straight to the port on a mixed container of goods going out of the country.

Edited by Afun
  • Like 3

Unless you have a nearly private lake, what in the world do you do with a stolen boat that you can't register? Sure you could strip some parts, but not enough to be worth the trouble unless you personally needed the drivetrain for another boat.

Unless you have a nearly private lake, what in the world do you do with a stolen boat that you can't register? Sure you could strip some parts, but not enough to be worth the trouble unless you personally needed the drivetrain for another boat.

This is an export job. All channels already setup....all these ports lack security measures...very weak

Maybe. I haven't seen a single patrol on the water this year.

Just depends on where you go.

There was a Tige boat in Montana that was stolen from the dealer recently. I am not sure how they found him. This seemed like more small time drug money than an overseas job. It was found within easy driving distance and was being parted out at the time.

The guys in this video feed have the appearance of being ready to haul a long distance with the dually...could be more professional.

Edited by TallRedRider

I can't tell from the screen shots.... was it stolen in the daytime or nighttime? Is the boat yard fenced? Just curious as a I work property crimes. Probably easiest to identify the truck and then scour the DMV files for it. Looks like a F350 Dually?

I can't tell from the screen shots.... was it stolen in the daytime or nighttime? Is the boat yard fenced? Just curious as a I work property crimes. Probably easiest to identify the truck and then scour the DMV files for it. Looks like a F350 Dually?

The truck was stolen from a neighboring Tow Truck Service Business...the front of the boat dealer where the boat was is not fenced...also kind of an isolated area

The truck was stolen from a neighboring Tow Truck Service Business...the front of the boat dealer where the boat was is not fenced...also kind of an isolated area

Crap, that sucks. There's a rash of flatbed and enclosed trailer thefts going on here in Colorado. VIN's are being changed or grinded and are being ran to Mexico. My guess would be it's being parted locally or ran to the border. Unfortunate, I feel bad for the dealer.

A friend of mine (who works for a dealer now, actually) had his VLX stolen 5-6 years ago. It was vapor blue and black, loaded to the hilt with every option.

We thought the same thing - it was either at the bottom of a lake somewhere or in Mexico.

about 3-4 years later, it popped up in Memphis. The HIN had been altered, and someone at the dealer noticed it was a little "off" when he was working on it. So they scraped it a little bit, got down to the original HIN and called the original dealership (which is where he worked) to research it a bit. The service mgr got the call and was like "wait, is that boat blue and black, and tricked out?" "yeah, actually it is." "... yeah, I don't even have to look it up, you're gonna want to call the police on that one." lol

Some dude bought it off of Ebay for next to nothing. *shrug*

A friend of mine (who works for a dealer now, actually) had his VLX stolen 5-6 years ago. It was vapor blue and black, loaded to the hilt with every option.

We thought the same thing - it was either at the bottom of a lake somewhere or in Mexico.

about 3-4 years later, it popped up in Memphis. The HIN had been altered, and someone at the dealer noticed it was a little "off" when he was working on it. So they scraped it a little bit, got down to the original HIN and called the original dealership (which is where he worked) to research it a bit. The service mgr got the call and was like "wait, is that boat blue and black, and tricked out?" "yeah, actually it is." "... yeah, I don't even have to look it up, you're gonna want to call the police on that one." lol

Some dude bought it off of Ebay for next to nothing. *shrug*

That dude belongs in prison

• Like 2

Doesn't this happen to cars every day? steal them, paint them or alter in some way, fake papers/VIN?

I don't think it happens everyday. It's a stolen Malibu that Platinum and Purple from a dealer. I would say this is quite unique.