Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What makes this a sunscape?

oldjeep

No bow ballast.

No digital ballast control.

Fixed carpet only, no snap-out or mat available.

Tower was optional.

Diamond hull only on Sunscape, VTX could have wake or diamond.

Can see all the differences on the last page of the 2012 brochure:

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/images/files/2012_brochure.pdf

Interesting, it sure looks like it has bow ballast, and the same panel (lower right screen) that is in my boat to control the MLS. If that isn't how you fill the tanks then I wonder where they hid the switches?

I saw one of these on my lake too and was confused. I didn't know there was a 20LSV Sunscape either. Really pretty boat though. It looked like a VTX to me with the Sunscape badge To say otherwise

Doesn't look like it has any factory ballast to me. Only thru hull on the boat is likely for the bilge pump.

Yup, just the one thru hull on the starboard side, aft. The lack of bow ballast is not an indictment since it was optional even on the Wakesetters, but the lack of center and rear ballast is since both were standard on the Wakesetters but optional on the Sunscapes. That's the tell.

I thought that WakeGirl had explained this well in the other thread too, but if it's not clear -

Sunscapes were the exact same boat as the same size Wakesetter, but with a classic graphic scheme, no ballast tanks standard, and a diamond hull.

Wakesetters were the exact same boat as the same size Sunscape, but with the progressive graphic scheme including Wakesetter decals, 3 ballast tanks standard, tower, and a wake hull.

You could order either model with options. So you could buy a Sunscape and outfit it with the wakesetter scheme, tower, decals, tanks, etc. and it would look identical to a Wakesetter.

Due to low sales volume of the Sunscape version in recent years they dropped the moniker and you now simply order "classic" or "progressive" scheme, and diamond or wake hull. Unfortunately the one thing you can't do anymore is get a v-drive without ballast tanks installed, not that it really affects any percentage of customers.

Peter