Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2006 23 LSV w/ Hammer Head

Have had this boat for a couple weeks and have some questions.

Do Hammer Heads always start slow? On Mine you turn the key and you can hear it try to crank the engine for a split second then there is nothing for another second then the starter engages again and spins the motor over no problem. The batteries were original to the boat so I replaced them with some new ones and still the same thing. If it was in my vehicle I would replace the starter but not sure how difficult that is on this engine and not sure if it will fix anything. It always starts but just sounds week.

I am also wondering about the heater in these boats but will do some searching before to see if I can trouble shoot it. It just blows air, not hot air. Wondering if there is shutoff valves some place that is not letting the water cycle.

Thanks

Mine turns over a few times before it starts, but thats not what it sounds like you are getting.

As for the heater. Could be bypassed due to a broken heater(very common winterization problem) or it could be you just havent tried it under throttle. These motors wont cycle water when just idling. Many guys have added pumps to help, but it really wont heat up hot unless you are under throttle even if the motor is warm.

My '05 LSV starts exactly as you describe. It has done that for a couple years now and a friend of mine has suggested I replace the starter. I have not had any issues with it not starting but I'm curious to see if anyone offers any info on your post to suggest that the starter could be going bad.