Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How to Change Spark Plugs

I have a Monsoon 350 and believe I need to change my spark plugs. Is there a place to go to see how to do this on this engine? Where are they located, under the metal cover? What type of plugs do I need and where can I buy them? Thanks!

If you don't know how to change spark plugs, there isn't much you should be doing to the motor period. But if you want to attemp it. Follow the spark plug wires from the top of the motor (distributor cap) to where they end. Pull em firmly straight away from the motor and you will see the spark plug. There is 8, 4 on each side. Unscrew with 5/16" spark plug socket, replace with ngk tr5 spark plugs, and reinsert spark plug wire. Do one at a time so you don't get firing order wrong. The wire is assigned to that plug/cylinder

Follow the spark plug wires from the top of the motor (distributor cap) to where they end. Pull em firmly straight away from the motor and you will see the spark plug.

And for what it's worth, the distributor is the thing that looks like an octopus...except it has 9 wires coming out of it instead of 8 legs. Don't mess with the leg (wire) in the middle.

Edited by RTS