Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Carpet cleaning suggestions

My daughter dropped a melted chocolate chip from her Subway cookie onto our carpet today. Admittedly, I have not yet tried anything to get it up, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I'd start with just carpet spray first and a scrub brush. Should come right up.

If not, you can always try a basic carpet cleaner or a pressure washer but if you use a pressure washer make sure you keep your distance and don't get too close to the carpet or may end up with lines where you separated the fibers.

I power wash mine once a year with just a little dawn soap, then use some rug cleaner powder I have & a bristle brush then power wash it a few times, sun dry it with a fan in the boat.

Just had to do the same with chocolate chip brownies today(now banned). For easy fresh spots I just grab the 303 multi surface cleaner already in the boat spray and scrub with my rag towel.

I need to try the power washer for old stains from PO. For you folks that power wash yours is it snap in stuff that you take out, or in boat carpet? Drying out can be a pta. Took me a couple days after trailering in a storm to get the storage areas dry.

I park it on a hill and open up all the compartments on a sunny day and go to town. Do it in the morning so it has plenty of time to dry. All of the water running through the bilge and out the back plug cleans the bilge too.

• Like 2

My carpet is glued down. I also put some dawn in the bilge, scrub everywhere I can reach with a toilet bowl brush then go drive around like a maniac. I have a steep hill close by so I then go park, pull the drains and let it flow. Be a good time to degrease the motor and wash as well.

My daughter dropped a melted chocolate chip from her Subway cookie onto our carpet today. Admittedly, I have not yet tried anything to get it up, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If you have a child or a pet you need to own a portable carpet cleaner, might as well run out and get one and use that.

If you have a child or a pet you need to own a portable carpet cleaner, might as well run out and get one and use that.

Amen! We've been through two of them. Bissel green machines are great to have.

We have graduated from the Bissel Green Machine to their Spotbot. It works wonders. Load it up, plug it in, turn it on and come back when it is done.....

I always run a box fan in mine after cleaning (and after weekends). I open up seats and put it on a timer in the storage garage. It is loosely covered to keep dirt out.