Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Issue With Perfect Pass

Hey guys, today I was on the lake using my PP wakeboard pro for my '06 VLX whilst surfing. Everything was working now fine for a while, but out of no where, PP would beep to let me know it had engaged, yet would continue to gradually accelerate (despite throttle position being ideal), and if I just *barely* throttled back, PP would never catch my programmed speed. Help??

Thanks

Check to see if the paddles on the pp sensor (under the bost hull ) are still looking good. I had to replace this speed sensor a few years back as the paddles that register speed literally feel apart. Super easy install.

UPDATE: PP is beeping, yet not controlling speed of boat at all. Paddle wheel appears to be completely intact, and I even did a system reset to see if that fixed the issue and it didn't. Anyone know what the issue may be?

UPDATE: PP is beeping, yet not controlling speed of boat at all. Paddle wheel appears to be completely intact, and I even did a system reset to see if that fixed the issue and it didn't. Anyone know what the issue may be?

Call the PP people tomorrow, they are really good at helping you figure PP issues out.

Edit: That sounded funny as heck when it I read it again

Edited by racer808
  • Like 1

Update #2: Called PP customer support and after explaining my issue, they informed me that my servo motor was bad and that I'll need a new one.

Edit: What's the best place to buy a new servo?

Edited by OkStateWake

Update #2: Called PP customer support and after explaining my issue, they informed me that my servo motor was bad and that I'll need a new one.

Edit: What's the best place to buy a new servo?

From PP, I don't think you can buy it elsewhere?

• 2 years later...

The part numbers for the servo are on them still. But after looking them up myself the cost difference is not worth the ease of having it already having the cable and brackets on them.