Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wet Sounds powered enclosure....

jstrickler84

New to the forum, and this is my first question.....

I have a 2010 LSV without the factory sub option. I want to add a sub but do not want to go through the hassle of building a box and do not want to pay someone for a custom one. Im not an audiophile and just need to add a little low end to what I have now. I was looking to put a sealed enclosure behind the drivers kick panel as opposed to building a box and cutting a hole so the subwoofer can be seen. I think I have it narrowed down to either the Wet Sounds powered enclosure, HT AS-10 https://wetsounds.co...s/HT_AS-10.html, or the Stealth series 6.5 inch subwoofer and just building a small box for it since it doesn't require much space, the spec sheet says the box is 8x8x9 internal dimensions. Anyone have any experience with either one of these? Or know if the larger powered enclosure will fit behind the kick panel? The dimensions of the powered enclosure are 11.5x14.5x12.75. Thanks!

For those applications where constructing an enclosure is not feasible, the AS-10 is a great option. Marine enclosure, marine woofer, small efficient class-d amp and fairly easy installation. For a boat, a 10" woofer is going to yield better results, then a smaller 6.5" woofer. If you are up to building an enclosure, then this opens the opportunities up for a variety or woofers in the 10" to 12" range and power options. Your 23LSV helm should allow for a good size enclosure with only little modifying.