Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

whats a good price for my bu?

triscadek

well since i have dislocated the shoulder and am done being behind the boat for the summer, upcoming ER bills, future PT for a while and the medical insurance being crappy at my work, basically major medical, Im expecting several grand out of pocket. Plus an on going joint custody dispute with a bitter ex, Im afraid it may be time to sell the bu to save the boat payment, storage fees, boat insurance, winterization plus other maintanence costs and that $100+ fill up every other if not every week. NADA with all the options on the boat is showing $25,400. boat is in great shape, new tires and a great stereo, eight 6.5", two 12" subs and four 8" tower speakers pushed by 3 amps totalling 3200 watts. LED light bars, LED interior and exterior lights and underwater transom light. LEDs all around trailer plus a few. I put about $3k into it as soon as I got it in late April including fixing some seats, theyre all perfect except the back rest on the back has a slight tear at the seam. also gave it a full tune up, all fluids, filters, belt, plugs, wires, cap/rotor and impeller just to stay ahead of maintanence. two 27 series deep cycles wired together and an optima on a perko as a backup. previous owner had it for 13 years and it has always been stored indoors. Boat has 670 hours now and has always started first crank with no hesitation.... $24,900 too much to ask given the time of year (peak season)? Heres the most current pic. shes gonna get cleaned up today and better pics taken. its a 2000 23 LSV with the indmar 325hp.

BD856A08-8B8D-42C9-9C94-840E71738154.jpg

Edited by triscadek

I think you're right in line on price. Are u having surgery? I did some pt but surgery didn't happen till my arm started falling out all the time then I had a bone graph to keep it in place. Good luck, shoulder injuries suck!

$24,900 seems right, and it's a good price point for many buyers. You could also consider selling off some the stereo components to lower the price if it doesn't sell right away (but only expect to get about 50% of the cost of new).

24900 seems right. I wouldn't come off asking too much either without taking away some of the extras.

The only thing going against you is if it doesn't sell fairly quick it will be late season and then you would be better off waiting until spring.

I think as long as you're under $25k for people's searching filters you'll at least get clicked on. Hard to find any 23' V-drive for less than $25k, let alone with bells and whistles.

Not sure where you're located but I paid less than that for an 04' LSV Wakesetter that was loaded up and had 300 hours (hammerhead engine).... with that said, every time I see another listed, it looks like I may have gotten the deal of the century. Sucks on your situation, hopefully you come out of it ahead and are shopping for a new boat sooner than later! Good luck with the sale!

Edited by sidekicknicholas

Just curious, does it have any integrated ballast and a wedge? I paid a hair more than your listing price for my 2001 23LSV with 230 hours three years back at the end of the season. If it has ballast/wedge that's a big plus for buyers. I don't see you being way out of line on price but then again, with anything, the price is what someone is willing to pay for it so good luck.

p.s. Sidekicknicholas, you DID get the deal of the century it seems.

This thing is literally setup to last for a while with NOTHING to do but go have fun, aside from your typical impeller.

If it doesn't sell, I won't be super upset and I won't go bankrupt. I'm just thinking its a solid financial decision at the moment and will help get this stuff cleared up faster. I mean think about it guys, we as owners are close to $500/mo+ just to go to the lake between truck fuel, boat fuel, food, ice, drinks and beer and whatever cool stuff we see we constantly "have to have" for the boat haha. And that number is if we go a lot. We have put 70 hours on mine since mid May. I had it in a buddies shop for 2-3 weeks after I got it upgrading everything while we were getting 2 feet of rain.

Edited by triscadek

No ballast or anything. I'll leave the ski locker sack in it as it came with the boat. The 2-1100s and 750 are my buddies that he purchased. I told him after giving the boat a modern day upgrade that I wasn't done with cash. So the sacs will stay with him. Yes on the wedge.

I'm in Tulsa ok.

As far as selling the stereo, I think it'll do better with it all being IN the boat than selling it on the side.

Not sure on the surgery yet, it's been two weeks and I still can't raise my shoulder much at all when I pull it out of the sling to hop in he shower. It's kinda dead. I'm hoping the cuff didn't tear.

Triscadeck, where are you? I might know of someone that would be interested. Post picts of the surf wave and I'll pas it along. we are in NC but boat in TN

Triscadeck, where are you? I might know of someone that would be interested. Post picts of the surf wave and I'll pas it along. we are in NC but boat in TN

I actually just posted a pic of the wave this morning. Go to the ballast section in here and I made a post title "I think we finally have it dialed in" or something similar.

EDIT

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/56906-i-think-we-finally-got-that-surf-wake-dialed-in/#entry860095

Edited by triscadek

I'd be willing to meet them in Ft. Smith, Arkansas if they are serious. That would save them about 5 hours. We could put it in the Arkansas Nav Chanel for a test run. No doubt she will do fine.

sell your bu?

Dude kidneys get like 40 grand on the black market.

Serious though, I had a dislocated shoulder for a long time before getting surgery. It can wait, you will get movement back slowly. Do the surgery in winter or when you can afford it. I had to do the same thing. It's just going to keep popping out until you get it fixed, but it's not nearly as painful as the first time you do it. Basically you're sore the next day. I could pop it out in the middle of a game of paintball, put it back in, and it wasn't too bad.

Sorry about the injury bro, most people get depressed after an injury so I wouldn't jump on selling your boat right away. Think about it for a month... unless you can't afford to live... then get rid of it lol

I would sell now before the market starts getting flooded in august. I think your price is where it should be. I just sold my boat for more than I paid for it 3 years ago...